Estonian LSE (formerly BS) Webcam 2011 ~ Tuuli & Remo

ame

Re: Estonian LSE (formerly BS) Webcam 2011.

Post by ame »

Mutikluti :2thumbsup: :laugh:

it must have been sunny all or at least most of the day as the camera is still on. i opened it at 4 pm and it was very nice weather.

i think the sticks that are pointing up in the middle of the nest are just ordinary sticks after all. their colour is grey, just like normal aspen twigs.

now it's getting dark and the camera is getting really slow.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Camera is still on - though it is pitch dark in the eagle's forest by now. But it was quite eerie in the evening, the wind, the noise the camera made scratching at the branch ... Mutikluti's little bird is not on the Pontu pictures :sad:

There is an article on fieldfares on the LK page (http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/11429), saying people don't like them much. Well, those we encountered this summer screetching and shouting near this nest and the one in Latvia (McNasty), were of that kind, I guess! :whistling:
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
ame

Post by ame »

Oct 19th :hi:
i guessed that the camera would stay on for a long time in the evening like in the summer, uptill the battery was empty again.

today i've heard the camera click a few minutes ago at 12.16, and before that at 11.16 and 10.16, but it hasn't been able to connect yet. if it's sunny in the forest the solar panel will hopefully be able to recharge the battery so that it will eventually manage to connect later in hte afternoon. :rolleyes:

fieldfares are berrythieves in the garden, that's why they aren't liked. they gather in big flocks after their chicks (thrushlets? :whistling: ) have fledged just in time when the red and black currants and other garden berries ripen (at least here). it only takes a blink of an eye for a fieldfare flock of a couple dozen birds to empty berry bushes in the garden if they aren't protected with nets. they are like huns... or locusts. 8-)
ame

Post by ame »

the next click was heard at 13.16 but no success...

... and the next click clicked at 14.16, again with no success.
ame

Post by ame »

at 15.16 the battery was strong enough to connect. it's a beautiful day in the forest. :rolleyes:
venegor

Post by venegor »

The nest completely fell asleep leaves
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Pontu made 111 pictures today :mrgreen: But, as it seems, the cam came on earlier than Pontu cam, this starts only at 14:41!

Have you seen, there are 3 LSE on the migration map this year!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Couldn't resist and looked through the pictures I uploaded today - isn't that one cute? :loveshower:

But now it's off - PC off and off to bed, cat is waiting already! :wave: Good night!

ame

Post by ame »

Oct 21st :hi:

i just opened the cam at 13.16 and it was on but i don't know how long it has been working today. maybe it had just opened as it tries to connect at 16 minutes past every hour... i think it was off all day yesterday.

it was sunny in the forest but the lens is misty in the beginning, but now it has turned cloudy again.... golden yellow leaves in the trees in the back. :rolleyes:

at 13.28 there beigin to be dripping sounds and it's very gloomy. it begins to rain.
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave:
A little later and there are some birds hearable :D
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Pontu cam made 40 pictures yesterday and 354 today! Feel free to check at Mejuba, if it is possible I down- and upload them on the same day.
Before it went off there were - as Fireblade wrote - many different birdsvoices and also a dog barking.

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

No Pontu pictures the last two days. Sometimes it's trying to click on, but does not succeed!

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

Felis silvestris wrote:Couldn't resist and looked through the pictures I uploaded today - isn't that one cute?

But now it's off - PC off and off to bed, cat is waiting already! :wave: Good night!
Felis,very nice pic but did you notice a 'family' posing there on the right between the straight pine (?) tree and shrubs,beyond the nest. :puzzled: They look like the Russian Matryoshka Dolls (nesting dolls)... :nod:
Spectres..? :faint:

Note: We have seen something similar there,last time a BS nested. :nod:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
ame

Post by ame »

macdoum wrote: Felis,very nice pic but did you notice a 'family' posing there on the right between the straight pine (?) tree and shrubs,beyond the nest. :puzzled: They look like the Russian Matryoshka Dolls (nesting dolls)... :nod:
Spectres..? :faint:

Note: We have seen something similar there,last time a BS nested. :nod:
now i am very puzzled....??? what family? where? :puzzled:

the camera seems to be off today...
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Ame. I am glad you asked about the family!
Is this like seeing faces in the fire, or in clouds? Macdoum, please explain, so we can see the spectres, too :whistling:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Just wanted to report that the last few days Pontu did not turn on, so I guess the web cam also did not turn on. When I come home, it is almost dark here, so the woodcamera also is off, thankfully now I hear the sea at least :shake: at the Käsmu cam.

I have stared at the picture for quite some time, but I must admit, I also don't see a family or spectres :puzzled:
Reached August 2 and have almost all Pontu pictures showing the eagles up at Photobucket.
Read an article about LSE in German federal state Brandenburg which gives a very dreary outlook for their population there. Problem is the eco environment, the weather, the food and their habit of not raising enough young ones :rant:
And on the bright side, bought myself a calendar for next year showing only eagles! Though, alas, no LSE among them. http://www.weingarten-kalender.de/kalen ... rubrik=514 for those who want to take a look!

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

..... :rolleyes: on the right of the picture beyond the nest,in the forest at the back ,on the right of the 'straight' pine (?) tree mid cam...
If you can't see it,its because your imagination doesn't work the same as mine.. :shake:
:headroll:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
alice44

Post by alice44 »

macdoum wrote:..... :rolleyes: on the right of the picture beyond the nest,in the forest at tha back ,on the right of the 'straight' pine (?) tree mid cam...
If you can't see it,its because your imagination doesn't work the same as mine.. :shake:
:headroll:
I remember one morning I watched a hawk sitting over on one of the pines on the right. It was so obvious and no one else even mentioned -- even the eagle family gave it no mind.
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

alice44 wrote: I remember one morning I watched a hawk sitting over on one of the pines on the right. It was so obvious and no one else even mentioned -- even the eagle family gave it no mind.
:hi: Alice..!
Emily Dickinson
kotkaklubi

Post by kotkaklubi »

Today we planned with Joosep to go and pick up both cameras of the Lesser Spotted Eagles nests. Winter cameras need to prepare for!
Urmas

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”