Special pictures from the Eagle Feeding Ground Webcam 2012

Webcams of eagles feeding during winter time
ame

Re: Special pictures from the New Webcam 2012

Post by ame »

Gaby wrote:some more pictures from the afternoon

ame

Post by ame »

Bea wrote:I´m very astonished that the eagles are still on the ground - it looks already pretty dark to me!
Bea wrote:One of the eagles left on a tree now ... one still on the ground
[i][color=#FF4000]at 19.19[/color][/i] Bea wrote:Now second eagle flew off - another RD appeared, screaming
But now I think everyone is on his right place - eagles in trees and RDs on the ground
ame

Post by ame »

[i][color=#FF4000]March 11th at 20.14[/color][/i] renno wrote:... Last three days there were 5 ringed birds:
1. Estonian black/blue B490 is born 2009 in Vormsi island in nest with 2 youngs. About 30 km from the feeding ground. A479 is born in the same nest in 2008 :D
2. Estonian white-red A479 is born 2008 in Vormsi and is now back from Sõrve (distance about 175 km)! He/she was there 4th of March but now on 11th already back. Pictures from Sõrve http://tarsiger.com/paivakirja/kuvat.ph ... sema=sorve
3. Finnish red E24270 is born Vaasa region 2010 (west-Finland, east-Botnia:)
4. Finnish black/red D352 is born 2011 in SW-Finland
5. Swedish bird blue/white C027 is most suprising: born 2010 in Swedish inland lakes. We have never seen SWE birds here but now during last 5 days here have been two swedes:).
on March 9th altogether six eagles came to eat at the feeding ground in the late afternoon. two of them were ringed and both were new to the ground. in Renno's list above they were eagles 1 and 3 (in the order of observation):
  • all red ring on the right leg E24270 and no ring on the right leg from Finnish Quarken in 2010
    black over blue B490 (2009) from Estonia
in the above list birds 2, 4, and 5 were seen on March 11th. of those A479 has actually been a more frequent visitor to the feeding ground than Renno remembered. he/she has been seen here in January 15 and 22, and in Feb 2, 5, 6, and 8.
ame

Post by ame »

omuise wrote:Where can I find information on the types of cameras, lenses, power sources, data transmittal and storage, etc. used to create the images for the Eagles Webcam?

thank you

Owen
i don't know has Jo found some information for you yet but here's something: http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/12041

and here is a note from Jo on Jan 6th at 13.38 (EET) on page 1 in the feeding ground discussion:
Jo UK wrote:Here is what we have all been waiting for - the new webcam.

http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/nova.html

The Estonian language page is published, and the English version will follow, as always
http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/12039

This is a Pan Tilt Zoom camera which Mutikluti will operate for us.
i hope this helps a little. i think the primary source for our information are Urmas and Renno, so it's probably best to ask them directly for more detailed info.

btw: welcome! :wave:
ame

Post by ame »

March 10th

raccoon dogs were eating and socializing in the meadow apparently most of the nigth. the last one of them left some minutes past 6 am, just before dawn, and soon after that first ravens arrived when there began to be some light.
Kitty KCMO wrote:
Kitty KCMO wrote:First ravens arrive [6.26].

First eagles arrive, then they fight [6.41].

[6.54]: The eagles are hungry & irritable this morning. Lots of eagle wrestling happening.
[7.01]: The eagles are hungry & angry this morning. ... I think the raccoon dogs ate most of the food last night, so the eagles don't have much today. :unsure: This puts them in a bad mood.
ame

Post by ame »

Kitty KCMO wrote:7:15-- Loud eagle duet.
Kitty KCMO wrote:Image
Kitty KCMO wrote:8:08-- Another eagle duet.

8:10-- And another.
alice44 wrote:Nice to see the eagle singing.
ame

Post by ame »

this singing eagle seemed to have rings.
Kitty KCMO wrote:
these are snapshots taken from Kitty's video. there seems to be something light above something darker (red?) on the left ankle, and on the right ankle there is definately something dark above something very light (Estonian?).
Image..Image
probably the same eagle was captured in a picture later:
Jo UK wrote:12.41
.... The same eagle about 13.15. Then it flew away
ame

Post by ame »

Lussi05 wrote:... I haven`t seen any eagles this afternoon, but I think I have heard eagle call. - But I have seen Ravens and Crows..
ame

Post by ame »

Jo UK wrote:At 17.34 all ravens took off as one. They flew to the top of the tall tree, ....
Then they flew around a few times, making a lot of noise and now the place is deserted!
the only eagle who was seen with rings on March 10th stayed so far from camera that the markings were impossible to read. the ring colours suggest that it most likely was Estonian and born in 2008. a bird who wears these colours is A479 who has been a frequent visitor at the feeding ground in this winter.
ame

Post by ame »

March 11th

during the the wee hours raccoon dogs occupied the feeding ground again and made a lot of noise there.
alice44 wrote:An Eagle
alice44 wrote:I would have sworn it was ringless, but I think it has one ring. But when ever it becomes visible a raven stops in to block it.
ame wrote:you're right Alice: the young eagle has an all-red ring on the right leg. it can be the same youngster as two days ago.

ame

Post by ame »

ame wrote:besides the young eagle there's one eagle in the treetop on the Grove.
[i][color=#FF4000]at 8.21[/color][/i] alice44 wrote:This youngster just looked up, so I suspect an other eagle was flying by
-And earlier there was an adult(?) in the tree but I did not get a capture.
ame wrote:another young eagle landed and pushed aside the ringed one.

there is something that could start with E on the ring but it's so unclear.
alice44 wrote:Image
ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote:eating together, side by side

ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote:10:44 Eagle with ringnr....70 :puzzled:
or more likely ...79? could be A479 again. in the next picture both ankles a re seen. on the right leg there's something dark over light: Estonian colours most probably. (the only alternative would be St. Petersburg's area in Russia, but that is less likely.)
alice44 wrote:Image
ame

Post by ame »

the next pair of rings Fleur photographed a little earlier but her picture wasn't as clear as the next one.
ame wrote:red D3 on black 52 (2011) from SW Finland

and an Estonian white on top of red 79. i think it's A4 on the white ring. this one has been here a lot. :nod:
ame

Post by ame »

Lussi05 wrote:- Sitting on the branch in peace..
ame

Post by ame »

ame wrote:an eagle from Sweden freshwater year 2010 but i can't read the markings. maybe D? and 7? 4?
ame wrote:i think it could be C0 27. ...

i think this looks like number 2 below letter C.
ame

Post by ame »

Pitti wrote:Image

ame wrote:Image
ame

Post by ame »

0hansen wrote:Having a bad hair-day (feather) :puzzled: Image
ame

Post by ame »

Mutikluti wrote:I got from our Urmas letter just now. He sent me two pictures...he did them today. Today were here an eagle from Sweden. Those ring numbers were: C027 ja 5386 This eagles age is two winters.

ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote:Image
Renno's information on the ringed eagles:
renno wrote:Last three days there were 5 ringed birds:
1. Estonian black/blue B490 is born 2009 in Vormsi island in nest with 2 youngs. About 30 km from the feeding ground. A479 is born in the same nest in 2008 :D
2. Estonian white-red A479 is born 2008 in Vormsi and is now back from Sõrve (distance about 175 km)! He/she was there 4th of March but now on 11th already back. Pictures from Sõrve http://tarsiger.com/paivakirja/kuvat.ph ... sema=sorve
3. Finnish red E24270 is born Vaasa region 2010 (west-Finland, east-Botnia:)
4. Finnish black/red D352 is born 2011 in SW-Finland
5. Swedish bird blue/white C027 is most suprising: born 2010 in Swedish inland lakes. We have never seen SWE birds here but now during last 5 days here have been two swedes:)....
of these 5 eagles numbers 2, 4, and 5 and probably also 3 were observed at the feeding ground on March 11th. in order of observation these were:
  • all red on the right ankle and no ring on the left ankle with a code seemingly starting with E. this was probably eagle number 3 in the above list. it was seen previously here on March 9th
    red over black D352 (2011) from Finland SW (coastal) (new)
    metal over red A479 (2008) from Estonia (previously seen on Jan 15th and 22nd, Feb 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th)
    white over blue C027 (2010) from Swedish Freshwater (new)

Return to “Eagles Winter Webcams Forum”