Post by ame »

a summary of the observed eagles so far:
ame

Post by ame »

March 12th
Mutikluti wrote:Good morning! :wave:
Stream not found:nova :bash: :unsure:
8.40 from my operating link:
it has been a minor miracle that Mutikluti and other camera operators have been able to zoom the camera properly using this kind of camera view on their operating link!
Mutikluti wrote:9.45
[i][color=#FF4000]at 11.42[/color][/i] Flex wrote:thanks for the repair - cam is back. only ravens here - not eagles
ame

Post by ame »

venegor wrote:The chamber works
[i][color=#FF4000]at 18.01[/color][/i] ame wrote:the feeding ground seems to be deserted now...
in the afternoon apparently nothing special happened at the feeding ground as there are no pictures in the posts. later in the evening the stream was again not found.
the only eagle was seen by Mutikluti in the morning on March 12th. the picture taken of it was very unclear, but it seems likely that it didn't have rings.
ame

Post by ame »

March 13th

again Mutikluti was the only one to see what was going on.
Mutikluti wrote:...Stream not found:nova
6.40 Two raccoon dogs walked there...
Mutikluti wrote:8.00

this eagle looks like the Swedish freshwater bird who was here on March 11th. the ring markings are impossible to read but it is highly unlikely that another so unusual guest from Sweden with same ring colours as the eagle on 11th had would suddenly drop by.
ame

Post by ame »

[i][color=#FF4000]at 11.30[/color][/i] Jo UK wrote:I have just looked at the operating page. Spooky!
Not one bird. No food.
Absolutely empty.
[i][color=#FF4000]at 11.48[/color][/i] Felis silvestris wrote:I just looked, last year it also closed very suddenly on March 13! :shock:
[i][color=#FF4000]at 11.50[/color][/i] Felis silvestris wrote:And as I was writing this, I clicked refresh and - presto - there it is! :headroll:
[i][color=#FF4000]at 15.35[/color][/i] Pitti wrote:... the cam is on but no one is there. It is sunny with strong wind.
[i][color=#FF4000]at 17.36[/color][/i] Bea wrote:I think there was a lot of activity during last night, when the cam was off ... one piece of boarskin travelled along the feedingground
ame

Post by ame »

[i][color=#FF4000]at 19.17[/color][/i] Felis silvestris wrote:Nova is offline again
[i][color=#FF4000]at 22.19[/color][/i] renno wrote:Pitty that cam was out most of the day. Place was also out of food but tomorrow morning I will put there some new food (fish) and hopefully we will see some eagles.

Spring is coming here in Estonia - first Lapwings, Skylarks have been arrived and weather is mild. We will continue with WTE winter feeding cam 3-5 days more (this week) and then it is time to finish for this year. But next winter this feeding cam certainly will continue.
one eagle with rings was seen at the feeding ground on March 13th. the ring colours were the same as the Swedish freshwater eagle had on March 11th so it is very likely that it was the same bird, even though the code was not readable.
ame

Post by ame »

March 14th

at 6.57:
Kitty KCMO wrote:The first customer has a nice fish for breakfast-- and is quickly joined by another raven. This second one seems more interested in pulling hairs out of the boar hide to use in its nest, though. Now another joins in at the new fish pile.
Jo UK wrote:14.14 I have just watched a raccoon dog carry away the last of the food! I didn't have time to get a pic.
renno wrote:Tomorrow early morning I will put there new food (fish) and if it is silent day as today then it will be the last food for this season... Sorry, it is not easy also for us but spring is coming and WTEs starts to breed. And most of the ravens should be hatching their eggs by now.
no eagles were seen at the feeding ground on March 14th.
ame

Post by ame »

March 15th

near 11 am two raccoon dogs came to eat in the broad daylight.
Bea wrote:Two RDs at the fish ... one of them pretty furry and the other very bad mangy :cry:
venegor wrote:Raccoon dogs
at about noon:
Flex wrote:1 RD is back:
Gaby wrote:Racoondog in the daylight - very nice to see ...
ame

Post by ame »

raccoon dogs were eating at the ground still in the afternoon.
venegor wrote:RD
[i][color=#FF4000]at 17.16[/color][/i] Flex wrote:the black gang disturbed always

now he was angry and goes
ame

Post by ame »

and then suddenly at 17.36 =>
renno wrote: Well done flex!

Ring number should be B489 - this is new bird here - born 2009 on Vormsi island about 30km from here. We saw sister or brother of this bird here 9th on March (B490). From same nest is also A479...
ame

Post by ame »

Flex wrote:3 eagles:

2 eagles not ringed:
unringed eagles seem to be adults.
venegor wrote:Wait for the turn
ame

Post by ame »

0hansen wrote:Looking back....
Gaby wrote:some portraits

ame

Post by ame »

since eagles arrived at the feeding ground rather late in the afternoon so they also went on eating at the ground till it was rather dark already.
Gaby wrote:Maybe, this two are the last birds for this season. It makes a little bit wistful :nod:
on March 15th one ringed eagle was seen: a new Estonian eagle B489 (year 2009). besides this ringed eagle two unringed adults were eating at the feeding ground in the late afternoon.
ame

Post by ame »

March 16th
Fleur wrote:a nice raccoon dog, and I hear an Eagle call

the fur on the right cheek looks scruffy but otherwise the raccoon dog does not look mangy.
alice44 wrote:I am glad I got a chance to see such a close up of a raccoon dog.
I am hearing something calling (and a raven), but I am not sure it is an eagle.
ame

Post by ame »

Fleur wrote: Image
Flex wrote:for the nest build:
ame

Post by ame »

[i][color=#FF4000]at 16.29[/color][/i] asteria wrote:Buzzard and raven eating together.
venegor wrote:Eagle in wood
fireblade1 wrote:Yes, and maybe ringed. Last WTE 11/12??
this could be the Estonian youngster who was here on the previous day. on Fireblade's video the left ring seems very dark and on the right ring there seems to be some dark but it also shines very bright in places. this eagle was the first and last eagle seen on March 16th
and indeed it turned out to be the last eagle on the Eagles' Winter Feeding Ground Season 2012.
EDIT on March 24th: but it wasn't! the camera went on for one more week and there was one more eagle to be seen.
ame

Post by ame »

here are the final statistics of the Eagles' Winter Feeding Season 2012 (Jan 6 - March 16)

:wave:
ame

Post by ame »

EDIT on March 18th: in nostalgia i tried to open the nõva-camera once more and it opened!

the meadow was empty, thick fog lay over the forest.... and a lonely hooded crow cawed there...
:mrgreen:
:wave:
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Wow, we did not expect such fine contribution... but really great to look these tables!
Actually we (mostly Renno) are preparing something similar, but if Ame allows us we probably use some already made analyses as well?

Don't know if Renno is at the moment by computer, but for sure we thank a lot Ame for her work! We seem to be more flegmatic with preparing such things...
ame

Post by ame »

yes, certainly you can use those tables as basis of your work. actually i think my tables need to be checked.
i tried to be careful but after a long while eyes begin to look "criss-cross" and then mistakes happen. 8-)
i've already found some mistakes but there still can be some.... i could send you the original EXCEL-file if that is helpful (it would save the trouble of re-typing the stuff)
Urmas wrote:... We seem to be more flegmatic with preparing such things...
maybe you have "real" work to do... :mrgreen:

Mar 17th

the camera was not broadcasting but ....

Return to “Eagles Winter Webcams Forum”