Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Eha & Koit

oliv

Re: Estonian LSE Nest Discussion 2012 ~ Eha & Koit

Post by oliv »

Wouldn´t it be nice to know where all members of the forum live? I wish all would register your country :shake:
:gathering:
22.00. Now it is dark and quiet at the nest. No Kalev today.

Good night to all my friends. :offtobed:
Dadel

Post by Dadel »

I did, I come from the Netherlands. :shake:
A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Susie

Post by Susie »

Dadel, for me it is less unsettling to hear nothing, than to hear Eha and Koit calling again and again without getting any evidence, Kalev is nearby.
So I simply think and hope, they are a little farther away to teach him. :unsure:

oliv, I'm from Germany, quite far to the west, almost at the Dutch border.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged
by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi
oliv

Post by oliv »

Dadel wrote:I did, I come from the Netherlands. :shake:
I saw you registrered it :wave:
Perhaps I buy a map and put pins on it. I think it is people from all of the world here. Kalev has many friends.
oliv

Post by oliv »

Susie wrote:Dadel, for me it is less unsettling to hear nothing, than to hear Eha and Koit calling again and again without getting any evidence, Kalev is nearby.
So I simply think and hope, they are a little farther away to teach him. :unsure:

Thanks :wave: it´s very nice to know where all friends live.
Susie

Post by Susie »

oliv wrote:Perhaps I buy a map and put pins on it. I think it is people from all of the world here. Kalev has many friends.
Would be a nice idea!
If I read comments and post from users, I do not see so often, I always look the data on the left to know who it is.

Maybe we're allowed to integrate a Phoogle Map somewhere.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged
by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi
Chimega

Post by Chimega »

oliv wrote: I saw you registrered it :wave:
Perhaps I buy a map and put pins on it. I think it is people from all of the world here. Kalev has many friends.
We could do that digitally! Get a map of the world that is flat, 1st person puts a dot on it from the area they are from, next person downloads the map, put a dot from where they are from, upload it back here then keep passing it on and on and on until we are through. Of course, delete all the older maps as we go through adding everyone. :D
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
kaychan

Post by kaychan »

Susie, I have the same feel with you.
When parents call Kalve quickly and loudly, but no response.. its very unsettling for me, too.

They definitely have a well and safe migration.
oliv

Post by oliv »

August 15
Good morning!
All aboute maps or other thing except aboute Kalev, Eha och Koit we have to do at Board index-conversations. Moderators don´t like other conversations here.

8.04. Nothing happen at the nest just now, but I hear some calling. I don´t know who it is.
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Good morning :hi:

09:22 - Empty nest and quiet forest. It`s raining..
pinkish

Post by pinkish »

Lussi05 wrote:Good morning :hi:

09:22 - Empty nest and quiet forest. It`s raining..
So...
Didn't anybody see Kalev since Sunday??? :shock:
...goodnight poor little thing
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

I think it is not unusual if they don't come back to the nest. Tormi in Tuuli and Remo's nest last year was gone, we saw eagles a bit later, but we are not sure if Tormi was among them or if it was some other eagle(t), Urmas says, there are more LSE in that area. I consider myself lucky and happy to have seen Kalev after fledging and Miks returning to the nest even to sleep there is absolutely fabulous.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
tweed

Post by tweed »

Felis silvestris wrote:I think it is not unusual if they don't come back to the nest. Tormi in Tuuli and Remo's nest last year was gone, we saw eagles a bit later, but we are not sure if Tormi was among them or if it was some other eagle(t), Urmas says, there are more LSE in that area. I consider myself lucky and happy to have seen Kalev after fledging and Miks returning to the nest even to sleep there is absolutely fabulous.

when I registered I put where I live. I am from Pennsylvania in the United States.
oliv

Post by oliv »

tweed wrote:
when I registered I put where I live. I am from Pennsylvania in the United States.
:wave: I hope Felis help you. It´s nice to see where you live. We will meet next year too!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

tweed wrote:
If you go to "User Control Panel" (top right on the page) and click it, you reach a page where you see several "Options" on the left side. Click on "Profile" and a page opens where you can add all your details, among others also "Location". Hope this helps!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

Afternoon. I come from the U.S.A. in the state of ILL. is there a map of their migration that i could follow of where they go?? thank u all for all the pic. that everyone has taken. :dunno:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aquil ... na_dis.PNG

The light green is where the LSE breed and live during summer, the blue is the area where they migrate to in winter. The dark green are the Indian cousins, Indian Spotted Eagle - Aquila hastata.
Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_spotted_eagle

Dadel

Post by Dadel »

Susie wrote:Dadel, for me it is less unsettling to hear nothing, than to hear Eha and Koit calling again and again without getting any evidence, Kalev is nearby.

So Susie, you speak dutch?
A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
pinkish

Post by pinkish »

the nest is still empty..
is there any news of Kalev? :unsure:
...goodnight poor little thing
Maxie4Paws

Post by Maxie4Paws »

I have not heard anything about the little guy.. I hope that someone here has heard or seen him. :bounce:
pinkish wrote:the nest is still empty..
is there any news of Kalev? :unsure:
:wave:

Return to “Lesser Spotted Eagle Webcam Forum”