Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

Liz01

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2014

Post by Liz01 »

Good morning to all :hi:

What a great news :loveshower: :loveshower:
I'm so happy - thank Mutikluti and Ame :thumbs:

My fingers are crossed that everything goes well.

A beautiful day for you all :D Liz
ame

Post by ame »

March 7th

no camera yet....

i click and click...
Juras-Erglis isn't on either. is it still too early?
the seal camera is on already, good.

edit (at 8:29):
still no camera. Renno must have found some bigger problem, i.e. more serious than just batteries.
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Good morning! Please help me, what is the reason for darkness is necessary to repair or replace the batteries? Is it, because the eagles would be disturbed during the day?
theodenijs

Post by theodenijs »

ame wrote:no camera yet....

i click and click...
Juras-Erglis isn't on either. is it still too early?
the seal camera is on already, good.
Hi everyone, also no cam from Kurg, Zivju-erglis, Kalakotkas2, Konnakotkas, Tooni or Karu. UK Osprey-cams also no live streams (yet) and Africams drive me crazy with their poor quality, going off and on and those anoying adds. Better I go and look out my window :-).
Enjoy your day everyone.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Janne+Ais wrote:Good morning! Please help me, what is the reason for darkness is necessary to repair or replace the batteries? Is it, because the eagles would be disturbed during the day?
Good morning Janne+ais!

Yes, it is to keep disturbances as low as possible.

Even if there should still be no egg laying or breeding activities directly on the nest, it would be a disturbance for the WtEs seeing human activities close to their nest in daylight.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Bea

Post by Bea »

theodenijs wrote:.....Hi everyone, also no cam from Kurg, Zivju-erglis, Kalakotkas2, Konnakotkas, Tooni or Karu...
Good morning theodenijs!

I am also eagerly waiting for all the cams to return - and I am sure they will now soon, one by one .... but one of my personally most unloved words is "patience" ... :whistling:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
renno

Post by renno »

Hello to everyone!

Last night I replaced the batteries but old ones were actually half charged and should work. Still put new batteries but today at daytime there is no picture... this is bad because there is bigger problems than only battery.

During daytime we can´t go there to fix the cam unless we are 100% sure that Linda-Sulev are not there or somewhere close. I will observe the area in the weekend to find out their behaviour. I think they have probably new nest (or they use their first nest). WTEs bring usually already in autumn new branches on the nest and start to come on the nest during first half of Feb. Our webcam nest in untouchable and haven´t seen Linda or Sulev there.

Sorry for bad news!
ame

Post by ame »

thank you Renno!

even bad news is some news. we know you are doing your best. the most important thing is not to disturb Linda and Sulev. :nod:

ps. do you know anything about the Latvian Juras-Erglis nest? the live camera stopped there yesterday but the Pontu pictures are coming in.
Shanta

Post by Shanta »

Many thanks for all infos!
The work of technology and nature can not be foreseen. We can only hope that it works according to our wish - and sometimes it does not. The main thing is Linda - Sulev are healthy. Thank you to the staff and for all your work!
Amsel67

Post by Amsel67 »

:( :( but thank you for all you do.
Das Gras wächst nicht schneller, wenn man daran zieht
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

That is very unfortunate, but thank you for the infos.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
ame

Post by ame »

March 6th

no camera (but that is no surprise now :( )
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Good morning.

A camera would be a surprise ;-).
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
theodenijs

Post by theodenijs »

Good morning theodenijs!
I am also eagerly waiting for all the cams to return - and I am sure they will now soon, one by one .... but one of my personally most unloved words is "patience" ... :whistling:
Thank you Bea! Patience...yes, I'll try 8-)
Kertugal

Post by Kertugal »

:hi: :loveshower: :loveshower:
Thanks to you Ame and Renno for your explanations. I am happy to know that Linda and Sulev are well. But when the cam worked they had many disturbances in the neighborhood of the nest there: chain saws, races of cars, baying of dog. Linda and Sulev do not have any more to give of sign of life after all that, would not they have moved towards their old nest?
Have a nice day
:wave: :wave:
Sophie
macdoum

Post by macdoum »

re: Renno's post :slap: AIE AIE AIE...
dem eagles have a mind of their own,they are not listening to our cries of 'Come home'
:cry:
But we all live on hope..... :nod:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
ame

Post by ame »

March 10th

no camera, no news..... :unsure:
ame

Post by ame »

March 12th

i have some sad but not unexpected news from Eagle-Urmas. he sent mail today. here's the part which concerns Linda's and Sulev's nest, the Saunja nest.
Saunja cam will be removed from the list, because of unknown technical problems and as Renno reported according distance observation, there is no new material on nest visible. Means not occupied, but he doesn't know if new nest is somewhere close by. Better is not to go to old nest before new one is known.

('list' = list of active cameras. 'distance observation' = i guess that Renno has been observing the nest from far with binoculars or telescope and has seen no signs of life at the nest. he hasn't found a new nest either.)

the last sentence is a bit unclear to me, but i think that "old nest" here means this nest which we have been observing (and not the 2009-2010-nest where Sulli and Kluti and Teele and Timmu grew up). "new nest" might then mean the one where Linda and Sulev are now (probably) and which Renno still has to find.

Linda seems to be a restless bird-soul: she wants a new nest after a few years.
- i suppose here that she is the one who decides where to go. :laugh:
a reasoning for this arguement: in 2011 Sulev came a few times to the old-old nest for nestorations and Linda came there on one or two days, but then they stayed away... i guess that Linda said to Sulev that she doesn't want this nest. :whistling:

so i think it is time to wrap up things here and move to the Juras-Erglis nest. that is an interesting nest because there the male has rings and the female doesn't so they can also be individually identified like Linda and Sulev. :thumbs:

unfortunately the live stream from the Latvian nest has been off air today (reason is unknown) but the Pontu pictures and videos have been recorded. i'll go through the pictures to see what has happened there today and make clips of interesting events and post them later in the Juras-Erglis topic. this process is slow though but that way we can see what has been going on there.

let's meet again here:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=638
:gathering:
Michi

Post by Michi »

That are very sad news! What a pity! :faint: :cry:
But as you said ... this kind of news were expected. Linda and Sulev are the one, who decide if they breed this year and where they do it. The main thing is, they are healthy and well.

But I so wish, we hear sometime how it goes on with this wonderful, beloved eaglecouple.
Take care of you, Linda and Sulev!
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Thank you ame for the information. I´m sad too :cry: , but that's life and natur.
I wish Linda and Sulev a successful season, wherever they are.

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”