Spring and summer in Finland 2014

A photographic record of seasonal changes in your area.
Olga

Re: Spring and summer in Finland 2014

Post by Olga »

:wave: The same squirrel as earlier visiting today:

Yesterday:

SHoW(StorkaHolics of the World)
Olga

Post by Olga »

I'm very careful now with this new PC! I'm a bit scared of doing any changes in it's 'construction', even though I think I have got good advises.
I'll try to edit the video of the squirrel visit today.. You will see how it went.

The two first videos I didn't edit, I just added some music to remove the camera's noise from the videos.

Squirrel of today is eating a home made coconut butter ball with peanuts:

The video is edited in Danish! :rotf: I speak somewhat Swedish, I guessed what I didn't understand) I just do not dare 'change' the wrong language. I found advises but I just do not understand how can I 'remove windows' (as it is said on that page..what??) huh.. no..no way.. All what I would like to change is Danish to Finnish only in Windows Movie maker.
I'll find some person who can tell how it works, step by step.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

do you have Windows essentials installed? I have looked, it is not so easy to change the language of the movie maker, the language has to be chosen when downloading/installing and it has to be changed for all Windows installations (which would be good, I guess). Windows 8.1 I don't have, but my son has a "Surface" with Windows 8.1, if necessary I can ask him for things, when he is here.

The squirrel looks like a young one, likes the fatball very much
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Olga

Post by Olga »

Felis silvestris wrote:do you have Windows essentials installed? I have looked, it is not so easy to change the language of the movie maker, the language has to be chosen when downloading/installing and it has to be changed for all Windows installations (which would be good, I guess). Windows 8.1 I don't have, but my son has a "Surface" with Windows 8.1, if necessary I can ask him for things, when he is here.

The squirrel looks like a young one, likes the fatball very much
I think I have it, Windows essentials (Windowsin peruspaketti in Finnish), I'm not sure how could I be not having it.. b c I have windows,.. :blush: I feel me so silly.. It's torture for an elder person to fight with all this..

Nappu is here with me:

Nanu is sleeping in the other room.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Good that you got the support from Nappu :laugh:
As far from what I read yesterday evening about your problem, it may be that you have to download a Finnish language pack from Microsoft, if you can't change your settings.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

unp

Post by unp »

Olga wrote:...tell how it works, step by step.
Microsoft say changing language settings in Windows Essentials is simple and safe and provide step-by-step directions on how to do it - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... e-language

Some comments

Step 1. Windows Essentials programs to be closed are: Movie Maker, Photo Gallery, OneDrive, Family Safety, Mail, Writer (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... abs=we2012). If you have started any of them and leave them running you will be reminded to close them in the language selection dialog.

Step 2. Instead of the Start button you can hit the Win button on your keyboard. Instead of LangSelector you can type langselector in the search box (without capitalizing L and S).

Step 4. Just be connected to the Internet from the beginning and don't be worried when you come to this step.

It really takes about a couple of minutes. :nod:
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave: Thank you, unp. Now I managed to change the language. :faint:

It was much more simple than I believed!
The new PC and win 8.1.. why have they changed everything?? I was able to do many things with win7 on my own. Now I just do not even find those basic folders I used to for example to 'remove some program I didn't need. If I find something, it's difficult or impossible to open the advise page to see at same time on the screen..
unp

Post by unp »

Olga wrote: :wave: Thank you, unp. Now I managed to change the language. :faint:
Great
Olga

Post by Olga »

:wave:

Where are all the other squirrels?? :unsure:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Some screenshots from the videos above:

I think it is one the pups of last summer... well, it looks young anyway as Felis already said.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Olga wrote::wave: Thank you, unp. Now I managed to change the language. :faint:

It was much more simple than I believed!
The new PC and win 8.1.. why have they changed everything?? I was able to do many things with win7 on my own. Now I just do not even find those basic folders I used to for example to 'remove some program I didn't need. If I find something, it's difficult or impossible to open the advise page to see at same time on the screen..
I also don't understand why things have to constantly change. In most cases they don't become better and in some I have stopped using them

Great that you managed, so at least even if you don't understand what it does, you understand the language it talks :mrgreen:

Olga

Post by Olga »

yes, Felis.. I do not understand why PC works this or that way. All what I can do I have learnt somehow, by help of others or by occasion... :gathering:

Today I saw something fun. The squirrel was there eating the remaining of the coconut-peanut ball. He get it to loose, the ball fell down on the ground.
Here he is, a happy squirrel boy, hurry to take the treasure in his secret stock.:

:rotf:

I have made new fat balls. They are in the refrigerator and they will be ready in the morning.
Olga

Post by Olga »

It was a nice and warm afternoon..

The history of the end of a coconut-butter fat ball:

The fat ball fell, and the squirrel looked worried out.

- Is it safe to go down or not.. my fat ball is there!!
Bea

Post by Bea »

Look at his eyes - he can´t believe his luck :rotf:

Thanks for catching these moments, Olga :shake:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

There is one happy squirrel :rotf: Wonderful catch, Olga!

macdoum

Post by macdoum »

The squirrel said to himself "No one is looking so I'll take this back home"

:whistling:

:laugh:
Carmel a member of SHOW .. I hope you love birds too. Its economical. It saves going to heaven.
Emily Dickinson
Olga

Post by Olga »

Today the squirrel came in the late afternoon:
I just think it is the same as yesterday..
Oh dear his little nose is so sweet, isn't it.. :laugh:

Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Olga wrote:The history of the end of a coconut-butter fat ball:
Great story, and a lucky little squirrel :thumbs:
Olga wrote:Oh dear his little nose is so sweet, isn't it.. :laugh: ]
Yes it is:))

Olga, thank you for great videos and story, I have missed them :wave:
Olga

Post by Olga »

Could it be Mops Jr??

Olga

Post by Olga »

This young looking male looks like Mops Jr...

Return to “Seasons”