Badger Castle on Saaremaa

Camera installed on Saaremaa by the Estonian State Forest Management Centre RMK
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Re: Badger Castle on Saaremaa

Post by Felis silvestris »

Since the camera is back at the red deer feeding place, I have started a new topic for the new season:
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=687

I will fill the first posts as I have time - but feel free to already start discussion.

Thanks to everyone looking out for the badgers here, to our friends on Saaremaa for maintaining the camera there, even if the circumstances were not easy (I remember something about ticks and mosquitos, short cables ...).
I hope we will see one or the other of the badgers pass by here too!
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

it's OK for me
It was nice to see the badgers :thumbs:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Looduskalender was very quick with the announcement: http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/20962 (presently only in Estonian), unfortunately the camera seems to have taken that literally and went offline :unsure:

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/20965 - in English
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I apply it to my situation and I am glad that we can watch.
Only now I miss the sounds from the evening. the cam is off from the Red Deer :blush:

Return to “Red Deer and Badger Castle Cameras on Saaremaa”