Wild Boar Camera Season 2014 - 2015

Webcams of Wild Boar Feeding During Winter Time
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Wild Boar Camera Season 2014 - 2015

Post by Felis silvestris »

Winter is approaching and the eager questions for this camera go through the forum and other places already since weeks.
It has been discovered that some testing seems to go on already in Ilmatsalu, nothing is yet officially opened, but the eagerness and happiness about the boar feeding season about to start needs a place, so here you go!

Right now the picture, sound or whatever is not yet stable and we can't be sure that the transmission stays for a longer time already or does not shut down, so be patient until the official word will come.

Edit: Nov. 25 (morning) - the Estonian article about the camera is online: http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/21701

The links for the camera:
Direct Stream: http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/siga.html
iPhone/iPad: http://193.40.133.138/live/siga/playlist.m3u8
Android/Vlc: rtsp://193.40.133.138/live/siga

More information will follow as it comes!

Dec. 3:
The camera was in the news: http://www.reporter.ee/2014/12/03/eesti ... valismaal/
The ground can be seen very nicely, Urmas Lett explains that half of the watchers are from abroad and Mait is being asked what makes him work there every day and he answers "because of the watchers" (thank you Juta for the short translation!)
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

The "star" of this camera, the wild boar, has been named "Animal of the Year 2015" in Estonia.

http://www.looduskalender.ee/en/node/21893 - a video of the evening can be watched here:

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

reserved

Felis silvestris
Site Admin

More information and an official introduction will follow as soon as the cam here is officially opened!

IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Thank you very much, Felis.

This morning I've looked, but the camera was off :mrgreen: .

16:12

2 deers crossed the place.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Agatheb2k

Post by Agatheb2k »

:hi:

14:31

The first picture of this season is here => viewtopic.php?f=81&t=606&p=351444#p351444

15:47

they are testing the cam in blue

16:08

near the saltpole, 2 deers

16:19

:wave:
Noemi

Post by Noemi »

Hi! I am very glad that the camera works again! Thank you !!!! :loveshower: :headroll: :bow:
ame

Post by ame »

it has become almost dark already and the lights aren't on. they seem to have a new camera or at least a new lens, a fish-eye lens. i like the wider view more than the old one even though the trees are curved. :mrgreen:
it so nice to see some sky, too. :nod:

... but i'm a bit worried about the lamp on the right side of the opening. if they turn that on it will shine into our eyes and that wouldn't be pleasant. :unsure:

hmh!? now i realized: there's no time stamp. :puzzled: i hope they will add that later.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

As I wrote, nothing is official right now, they have not turned on lights and as ame says quite right, there is no time yet. The view turned b/w when it got dark, maybe they will test a scene like the red deer cam, maybe it was just the lacking artificial lights (any lights) ... who knows?
It may be that over the next days things will still change again, view, colours, lights. Before I switched it off, I think I could make out pigs, but am not sure, it was pitch dark by then. We are really spoilt now by the wonderful night view of the red deer cam!

We will see what is developing there.

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

:loveshower: :2thumbsup:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

20:05
...and voices
Agatheb2k

Post by Agatheb2k »

:loveshower:

This is Christmas!

20:34

:wave:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Wow, this is really nice! :shake:

ame

Post by ame »

the lights are on and they are just fine, not blinding us at all. and it's almost a winter wonderland :loveshower:
(i write 'almost' because the temperature is very close to zero: i saw a drop of water making its way down on the left side of the picture)
there's a small house on the right. it perhaps for feeding birds. but is there a milk container next to the left light pole? it looks like the containers which we had for keeping milk in the farm where i grew up... what could that be for? :puzzled:
is there another bucket in front of it?
ergee

Post by ergee »

Now winter really has started for me!
Who will be the first visitor?

Wish all of you a very interesting new cam-adventure!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

There is an old milk can near that tree

and the bird feeding house, that was on the table in the corner is sitting on that old contraption

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

:headroll: and the cam can zooming

airras

Post by airras »

SATURDAY 22 NOVEMBER
good morning everyone. :hi:
very happy to again enjoy this camera, this year with some new features and I think much better image quality.
Thanks to all who make it possible :bow:
7:26
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

good morning :hi:

7:36
Lussi05

Post by Lussi05 »

Good morning :hi:

Ca 07:54 - A Jay was sitting on the milk pail. I hear ravens too.

Return to “Wild Pig Camera Forum”