alice44

Re: Wild Boar Camera Season 2014 - 2015

Post by alice44 »

Along with two racoon dogs
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

The ducks were there again just now, and left when a RD arrived
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
Shanta

Post by Shanta »

04. Mai

Good morning

04:51

Bleggi

Post by Bleggi »

Thank you to all who were involved for showing this place another saison. It is a bit sad that we did not see piglets with moms, but I will hope for next saison. One day they will be glad to find this place again.
This is my last picture, taken 02.05.2015 21:53

Image :wave:
Bleggi
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Thank you very much to all for this nice and long season :wave: .
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Agatheb2k

Post by Agatheb2k »

:hi:

My last 3 pictures, on May 3rd

06:33

13:29

20:29

Thank you to all, I'll see you next year!

:wave:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Bleggi, in Red Deer cam piglets appear almost every evening with two moms and we can watch them about 22.00.

It was a long and very interesting season, different from others, wood pigeons and ducks never appeared here in previous years. Thanks to all andsee you next season.
d'r Jan

Post by d'r Jan »

Thanks to everybody who made it possible again <3 :-)
See you
Jan
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Felis, will there be a new season and a new topic?
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

We can't say anything yet. The situation with the swine fever is not really good and the news don't give a promising outlook. I recently read that additional feeding of boar will not be permitted. If and how it will affect our camera, especially in the year when the boar is the animal of the year, we don't know. Maybe our Estonian forum members know more and will share what they know right now.

But as and how we do get information, we will pass it on here. I suppose we will open a new topic for the new season in any case.

For those who want to read more: http://news.postimees.ee/3308203/huntin ... d-of-fever
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Thank you, Bea!
If you make a new topic, could you please announce it here? That would be so nice!
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I still miss Peep and Silvi :whistling:
What a good time we have few years ago
asteria

Post by asteria »

OK, additional feeding of boars will not be permitted but to feed roe deers, foxes and racoon dogs is permitted so the cam should be opened in time.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Fleur wrote:I still miss Peep and Silvi :whistling:
What a good time we have few years ago

I am thinking the same Asteria :mrgreen:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Janne+Ais wrote:Thank you, Bea!
If you make a new topic, could you please announce it here? That would be so nice!
Although I am NOT Bea, still not, we will keep you all updated here as we do, hopefully, get any news ourselves.

By the way, I doubt that they will feed any animals when there is a chance that wild boar might turn up. But we will have to wait until we get to know how exactly this winter will be, for the animals and for us and the cameras.

Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Felis silvestris wrote:Although I am NOT Bea, ...
OMG, Felis! Where is the next mousehole? :blush: Of course I meant you! I'm getting old. :slap:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Image It nearly got me into an identity crisis - who am I and how many? It happened already the second time ... :rotf:

I took out a few articles about the topic of African Swine Fever, the Postimees articles have links to more article in the English section of Postimees for the interested. It is a very serious situation, and it will not be solved in the near future.

The Environmental Board on it: http://www.keskkonnaamet.ee/eng/news/

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/market ... doc=108489
http://news.postimees.ee/3269151/swine- ... new-normal
http://news.postimees.ee/3272373/minist ... ican-fever
http://news.err.ee/v/politics/environme ... nian-farms
http://news.postimees.ee/2896043/farmer ... he-forests

Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

Felis silvestris wrote:Image It nearly got me into an identity crisis - who am I and how many? It happened already the second time ... :rotf:
Don't say that, it was me both time??? Never ever I will write one single word here. Image
Wow, the pig problem is really astonishing. I hope, they will cope with it faster than they say!
asteria

Post by asteria »

Felis silvestris wrote:

By the way, I doubt that they will feed any animals when there is a chance that wild boar might turn up. But we will have to wait until we get to know how exactly this winter will be, for the animals and for us and the cameras.
They have been doing it already: bears and red deer cams are opened and boars can appear there any time.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Janne+Ais wrote: Don't say that, it was me both time??? Never ever I will write one single word here.
Wow, the pig problem is really astonishing. I hope, they will cope with it faster than they say!
viewtopic.php?p=415326#p415326 :mrgreen:

But don't let that be a reason for not writing again!

About the "pig problem" - http://www.looduskalender.ee/node/24932 - is about a discussion and Mr. Looduskalender says here:

Gennadi Skromnov: Miks me eelmisel aastal valisime aasta loomaks metssea – oli selge, et katk jõuab Eestisse. Me seisame tegelikult ju katastroofi lävel, aga siiamaani pole toimivaid otsuseid vastu võetud. See katk võib meid väga kaua Eestimaal kimbutada – kümme aasta või rohkemgi.

Google Translator is not the most reliable, as we know, but this much I can make out

Gennadi Skromnov: Why are we in the last year, we chose to create wild [boar the animal of the year, my addition]- it was clear that the flu will arrive. We stand on the threshold of a disaster, after all, really, but still not operational decisions adopted. This flu can lead us to a very long time in Estonia assailant - ten years or more.

The situation is very, very serious! The fever has not yet reached the islands, where the feeding has not yet officially started, Asteria! Maybe the this construction is a step towards keeping the wild boar off the feeding for the red deer.

http://news.err.ee/v/politics/environme ... nian-farms

shows a map of the affected areas, Alutaguse in in the pink zone. The bear feeding will not go on for long anymore and never has been done during winter! We will have to wait how the situation presents itself next spring!
I also know that people at eagle feeding places (e. g. for photography) are no longer allowed to use wild boar for feeding eagles.

The whole situation is troublesome, unclear and we don't know how much it will affect us all here waiting for the winter cams. But we have to be aware and be prepared that this year and maybe also the next years, will be different due to the swine fever!

If anybody of our Estonian members knows more or can shed more light on the whole situation, your input is welcome!

Return to “Wild Pig Camera Forum”