Danish WTE web camera 2015-2018

Haliaeetus albacilla nests in other countries

Moderator: Moderators

macko50

Danish WTE web camera 2015-2018

Post by macko50 »

WTE Denmark

New season 2015 started.

Cam link: http://pandion.dof.dk/webtv - Edit 2017 - link update: http://www.dof.dk/oplev-fuglene/ornetv (Bea)

Empty nest with two eggs for a long time. :(

"One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals." - Mahatma Gandhi
George
http://madarlesok.lapunk.hu/
fireblade1

Post by fireblade1 »

:wave:
Still two eggs in denmark. But not alone. We will see
Egg-rolling
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

The Danish WTE cam is on and the inhabitants have already been seen there for a long time :loveshower:
The edges are already built high ... and if I understand right we have already two eggs in the nest since March 1st, just now a parent is lying down on the eggs.
http://pandion.dof.dk/webtv

This nest looks so much bigger than for example Durbe's and Robert's - and the nest bowl is not in the middle of it but at 4 o'clock.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

:hi:
March 15th
It's like last year - mom doesn't let dad to incubate, so he is lying close to mom. I haven't seen her walking, so i don't know if the problem with mom's leg recurs. I hope it will not happen again.

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Sad news once more: the Danish WTE eggs have vanished during last night - no-one knows what has happened.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=83 ... =2&theater
Æggene er væk, desværre. Det er formentlig sket mellem 19.45 og 06.00 i morges. Vi ved ikke, hvad der er sket. Mere følger, når vi kan sige noget mere.
The eggs are gone, unfortunately. It's probably happened between 19:45 and 06:00 this morning. We do not know what happened . More to follow when we can say anything more .
This year so much sad news! :cry:
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

March 20th
Both eggs disapeared during the night :cry:
Nobody noticed what has happened. Although parent behaved as if she/he incubates, none egg was visible.

The nest is completely empty now.

Last night (20:00) everything seemed allright, mom slept at the nest.
Britta

Post by Britta »

it is so sad
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

I found this information at http://pandion.dof.dk/kort-nyt/%C3%A6gg ... forsvundet
Kim peger på flere mulige skyldige i æggetyveriet.

Vi har fundet et knust æg under reden, og det tyder på, at en mår har været forbi for at æde æggene.

Det kan også være, at en krage har set æggene, hvis de voksne fugle har været af reden, men vi ved det ikke præcist, siger Kim Skelmose.
Translation by Google
Kim points to several possible culprits in egg theft.
We have found a broken egg in the nest, and it suggests that a marten have stopped by eating the eggs.
It may also be that a crow has seen the eggs if the adult birds have been of the nest, but we do not know exactly, says Kim Skelmose.
Dad is lying in the nest whole day with the short breaks only.
Michi

Post by Michi »

Oh my god! These are really sad news. :cry:
A moment before I read your posting, Owlie, I watched the danish nest. There's a parent sitting as always and one thinks, all is o.k. Far from it!
I feel so sorry for the eagle couple! :unsure:

But as it's quite early in the year there's probably the possibility that the couple makes a new clutch. Janis Kuze wrote these days in the juras-erglis-forum, that in such cases eggs were laid still in the beginning of april. So there's hope for new eggs.
It will be interesting to watch what happened now in the nest.
Thank you for telling us, Owlie!
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

c/o our Danish WTE nest:
@ Michi - we may still hope for additional eggs, we really hope! :hi:

En æggetyv har i nat eller tidligt i morges været på æggerov i reden hos det havørnepar, som DOF sender direkte web-tv fra. Begge æg er gået til.
Det er selvfølgelig naturens gang, men stadig utroligt trist. Primært for vores bestand af havørne, men også for alle de tusinder af havørnefans, som har glædet sig til at følge parret på Lolland, siger Kim Skelmose, som er projektleder for Projekt Ørn, som holder øje med bestanden af ørne i Danmark.
------
Æggetyv på spil: De to æg i havørnereden er forsvundet
Havørnene fra DOF’s web-tv har mistet begge æg, og i dag sidder mange havørnefans skuffede tilbage og må se langt efter en spændende sommer med havørneunger og det spændende familieliv i havørnereden på Lolland.
En æggetyv har i nat eller tidligt i morges været på æggerov i reden hos det havørnepar, som DOF sender direkte web-tv fra. Begge æg er gået til.
Det er selvfølgelig naturens gang, men stadig utroligt trist. Primært for vores bestand af havørne, men også for alle de tusinder af havørnefans, som har glædet sig til at følge parret på Lolland, siger Kim Skelmose, som er projektleder for Projekt Ørn, som holder øje med bestanden af ørne i Danmark.
Havørnereden var tom i morges, da de første havørnefans tændte for kameraet. Væk var både ørne og æg, og selvom ørnene siden vendte tilbage for at fortsætte 'rugningen', så kommer der formodentlig ikke unger i reden i år - med mindre vi er helt utroligt heldige. Omlægning af kuld er kun sjældent registreret hos havørn.
Kim peger på flere mulige skyldige i æggetyveriet.
Vi har fundet et knust æg under reden, og det tyder på, at en mår har været forbi for at æde æggene.
Det kan også være, at en krage har set æggene, hvis de voksne fugle har været af reden, men vi ved det ikke præcist, siger Kim Skelmose.
Seerne kan stadig se de voksne, der ligger på reden, selv om deres æg nu er væk. Kim Skelmose udelukker ikke, at parret lægger nye æg i år.
Det er sjældent, de lægger æg igen, men vi så et eksempel sidste år med et par, der lagde æg så sent som i maj, efter deres første rede var faldet ned. De fik en unge på vingerne, selv om det nærmest er to måneder senere end, hvad de plejer.
Så vi kan håbe, vi er heldige, at dette erfarne par skynder sig at lægge et eller to æg igen, siger Kim Skelmose.
[/size][/size]
"Æggetyv" = Egg thief
"æggerov" = egg robbery
"havørnepar" = WTE couple

A æggetyv have in the night or early this morning been on æggerov in the nest at the havørnepar which DOF send direct Web TV from. Both eggs have gone to.
It is of course of nature, but still incredibly sad. Mainly for our population of white-tailed eagles, but also for all the thousands of sea eagles fans who have been looking forward to follow the couple on Lolland, says Kim Skelmose, project manager for Project Eagle, which keeps an eye on the population of eagles in Denmark.
------
Æggetyv at stake: The two eggs in white-tailed eagles nest has disappeared
White-tailed eagles from DOF's Web TV has lost both eggs, and today many sea eagles fans disappointed back and have to look far for an exciting summer with the sea eagle chicks and exciting family of white-tailed eagles nest on Lolland.
A æggetyv have in the night or early this morning been on æggerov in the nest at the havørnepar which DOF send direct Web TV from. Both eggs have gone to.
It is of course of nature, but still incredibly sad. Mainly for our population of white-tailed eagles, but also for all the thousands of sea eagles fans who have been looking forward to follow the couple on Lolland, says Kim Skelmose, project manager for Project Eagle, which keeps an eye on the population of eagles in Denmark.[/size]

Sea eagles nest was empty this morning when the first white-tailed eagles fans turned on the camera. Gone were both eagles and eggs, and even eagles since returned to continue 'hatching', then there's probably no chicks in the nest this year - unless we are absolutely incredible lucky. Conversion of litter is rarely registered with the eagle.
Kim points to several possible culprits in egg theft.
We have found a broken egg in the nest, and it suggests that a marten have stopped by eating the eggs.
It may also be that a crow has seen the eggs if the adult birds have been of the nest, but we do not know exactly, says Kim Skelmose.
Viewers can still see the adults, located on the nest, even if their eggs are gone now. Kim Skelmose does not exclude that the couple puts new eggs this year.
It is rare, they lay eggs again, but we saw an example last year with a couple who laid eggs as late as May, after their first account was dropped. They had a baby on the wings, although it is almost two months later than what they used to.
So we can hope that we are lucky that this experienced couples rush to lay one or two eggs again, says Kim Skelmose.
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

March 21st
I saw dad only few times today, no view of mom.

Owlie

Post by Owlie »

c/o Danish nest
On the display page there is a terrible picture of what was left by the suspected marten under the eagles' nest.
http://pandion.dof.dk/webtv
Mamicja

Post by Mamicja »

March 23rd
I noticed dad only once in the nest today.
Other birds started to visit the nest.
DOF published on the top of their page the very sad picture of destruction made by an intruder
-Thumper-

Post by -Thumper- »

How sad! :cry: Meanie intruders.
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

c/o Danish nest
They discuss the possibility that it could have been a human who robbed the eggs after all. As the other embryo is not eaten, what one could think an animal should have done - maybe the robber simply dropped the other egg ... :rant:
Skrevet af Ann-Merry Weissenborn · 24.03.2015 · 12:26: Ifølge optagelser fra 2014 har DOF opsat et hejseværk ved reden, som dels er blevet brugt til at opsætte kameraet og efterfølgende justere på det, og dels er blevet brugt til at hejse en DOF'er op og ned i forbindelse med ringmærkning af ørneungerne. Man må formode, at dette hejseværk er blevet opsat på et tidspunkt, hvor der ikke har været aktivitet i reden, og at det derfor heller ikke bliver fjernet, når man har gjort brug af det til justering af kameraet, fordi det jo skal være tilgængeligt, når ungerne skal ringmærkes. Hvis denne formodning er rigtig, vil andre end DOF'erne jo også kunne gøre brug af det. Ægsamlere findes alle steder, også i lille Danmark - Money talks!
Translation by GT --- Written by Ann-Merry Weissenborn · 24.03.2015 · 12:26: According to recordings from 2014, DOF setup a hoist at the nest , which partly have been used to set up the camera and adjust to it and partly have been used for hoisting a DOF'er up and down in connection with the ringing of the eagle chicks . One must assume that this hoist has been installed at a time when there has been no activity in the nest , and therefore not being removed when you have made ​​use of it to adjust the camera because the course to be available when the chicks are ringed . If this assumption is correct , other than DOF'erne of course also be able to make use of it . Collectors found everywhere , also in small Denmark - Money talks !
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

Both parents were seen together on the nest today (on Thursday) and someone meant that there is a new stick on the nest ... :unsure: :innocent:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

There is a video of the egg robbery:
http://pandion.dof.dk/kort-nyt/sensatio ... en-i-reden

10:30
Both eagles are on the nest and they have brought lots of new hay in to it and build the nest further :loveshower:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Fingers crossed that they will make a second attempt! :2thumbsup:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

12:18
I think I heard mating sounds .... :innocent:

(I have only Danish and Norwegian nest cameras on, and from the Norwegian one there is no sound so far, so it must have come from the Danish cam)
Michi

Post by Michi »

Owlie wrote:There is a video of the egg robbery:
http://pandion.dof.dk/kort-nyt/sensatio ... en-i-reden
10:30
Both eagles are on the nest and they have brought lots of new hay in to it and build the nest further :loveshower:
Thank you, Owlie, for the link! :hi:
Now the egg robber is known. The marten had to exert himself very much to grab the eggs. 8-)
Thus the first egg has probably simply fallen down and was not considered any more. What a shame! So senseless ... :-(

But I'm happy to read the news that there is hope for a new clutch. It looks really promising. I'll keep all fingers crossed that we can see a happy end here at this nest.
Before I got to know Looduskalender, I did not know, how great the dangers are actual in the nature. :unsure: :blush:

Return to “White Tailed Eagles (WTE)”