Fish Camera 2015

IceAge

Re: Fish Camera 2015

Post by IceAge »

11:34

*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Cax

Post by Cax »

Three fishes with the different spots.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Cax wrote: Three fishes with the different spots.
There are several types of Trout with a different amount and size of spots and different ground collors, but within these types all individuals have different spots, and to make it more complicated are the right end left sides different. The general appearance of the sides is the same but the pattern of the dots is different. It makes it often difficult to tell who is who. Usually we mainly see the right side, especially of the females, so because the female in the foreground mainly showed her left side, it took me some time this morning before I knew who she was.

It is btw quite exceptional to see an active female so close to the camera. This was I think only the second case this season. Most are on the far side or the middle of the stream, making it difficult to get good pictures of them.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

First I thought this was just plant material floating around, but it appeared to be a caddisfly larva with a strange case. Because of the broad 'wings' (a Birch seed?) on his suit, it had some difficulties with the stream, especially when a trout was passing.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

14:15

*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Cax

Post by Cax »

Yes, Hagnat, and I saw, when this close one threated another fish, coming from the left, attacking him/her with open mouth.
And I noticed the larva too, and there was another one. Actually there are several ones, the most I saw 3-4 at the same time.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Action
Unfortunately this kind of pictures is never sharp because of the movement.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Cax wrote:Yes, Hagnat, and I saw, when this close one threated another fish, coming from the left, attacking him/her with open mouth...
Probably this moment

Cax

Post by Cax »

No, it wasn't. Not THAT much of action, lol :laugh:
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Diving beetle taking a breath at the surface.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

23:09 A lot of dust coming from downstream. Duck? Otter?
23:30 Only one cloud seen and no culprit.
Cax

Post by Cax »

Only larvas and some tiny fishes. Some of them are really fat - are they filled with the seed too?

Bea

Post by Bea »

Only in Estonian language at the moment .....

http://looduskalender.ee/node/25906

End of transmission is announced
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Cax

Post by Cax »

It is sudden freeze without the snow, and the water is icing, therefore the fishes don't want to come to the nesting place that has come cold. Also there is a danger, that the fragile camera could be broken in the water, bc of the temperature differences (in the water +4 C and on the land -15 C), so they'll finish the transmission. Thanks for staying with us :wave:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

December 30

00:40 Many sticklebacks :D
Bye-bye Fish Camera and forum members. It was very interesting and long season this year.
:wave:
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

6:39 stickleback

I think this is the last video of me this year and this season.
In the end the same, but then quickly, so many !!
Thank you for letting us watching.
I wish you all the best for 2016

:wave:
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

In three months troutwatching I have learned a lot. Thank you very much for the opportunity.

As a picture taking trouter I missed the clean lens since November 8. As a birder later also the sound. When there was sound it was always nice to hear a Kingfisher (and some 29 other bird species). And of course the farmers cat.

With an eye on a next season: In the beginning of the season pebbles were removed from the foreground but I think that if we want to see female trouts close in action we need pebbles there. And looking at the 2014 season we not only need more but also bigger stones. In the foreground and middleground.

I don't know what kind of larva this is.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

~08:30 The first trout today. A male.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

9:48

Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

No stream since 10:25

Return to “Fish Camera Forum”