Estonian Osprey Nest Mai & Mati ~DISCUSSION 2016

Lubaska

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest Mai & Mati ~DISCUSSION 2016

Post by Lubaska »

Estonia also used (and probably uses) artificial nests for other birds than ospreys for years.
In protection of raptors it is quite common technique of conservation and helping population to grow. Artificial nests were build in Estonia many years ago and some WTE pairs occupied them.
Also Romanians build artificial nests for their WTEs in Danube Delta.

http://www.raptors-international.org/bo ... _51-56.pdf

I think that Anna and Uku will make a final decission :D
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

Bea and Lubaska, thank you for your answers. :D

The osprey nests look very sturdy and stable also in wind, thanks to the base structure under them.
On the other hand, it is understandable that the guys of Kotkaklubi cannot go around, building nest platforms and installing wood supports under every natural bird nest. :laugh:
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Gavril wrote:Empty nest.
:wave:

Yes, our nests are empty, we are simply rejoice in the bird's shadow of the nest or the tips of the feathers :D
and soon it will not. Hurry March :bounce:
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

Sappheira wrote: Yes, our nests are empty, we are simply rejoice in the bird's shadow of the nest or the tips of the feathers :D
and soon it will not. Hurry March :bounce:
:hi: Yesterday, when I saw that in the background flying bird, my heart sank...it was a crow. Spring is the perfect time because a passing bird may be familiar osprey! :D
Egrids

Post by Egrids »

Thanks to all of you who have followed and documented the small family osprey.
I humbly followed web broadcast and your comments .
Wish them good luck!
:wave:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

:hi:
For someone with empty nest syndrom: http://www.oessm.org/blog/?page_id=3105
Beautiful cam with sound, male and juvenile are still there. Now at this time was a delivery from Dad. :wave:
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Jujani

Post by Jujani »

I have written here is not much , but always read and of course the camera looked . This are my favorite pictures. The whole Osprey family all the best for the migration . Hopefully Mai comes back next year , then we will know if everything is ok with her.

Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Only beautiful! :shake:
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

:wave: Jujani, your pictures are beautiful!
Yes, I think all of us will be thrilled, (more than thrilled) if Mai returns next season!
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Birdfriend wrote::hi:
Beautiful cam with sound, male and juvenile are still there. Now at this time was a delivery from Dad. :wave:
Birdfriend, thanks for the link!
:D
elisabetta-pamina

Post by elisabetta-pamina »

[quote="Cessie"
Beautiful cam with sound, male and juvenile are still there. Now at this time was a delivery from Dad. :wave:[/quote]

Thank you very much, Cessie. Empty nest syndrome belongs to me. I miss both families (it was the fourth year for me).
Thank you also to all bird friends who posted news and pictures.
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Elisabetta-Pamina!

I know, the empty nest is difficult! :cry:
Next season we all come together again!
:gathering:
:loveshower:
cling09

Post by cling09 »

let's see some funny osprey food fight, shall we?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =3&theater,
it has never happened to our CP and CN.
i miss them.
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

September 1. Good day! The last time Mati visited the nest on August 25. The seventh day is not seen and not heard and Mati Paavo. It seems that they set out in the migration. Good luck and favorable wind to our dear Mai, Mati and osprets! :wave: I hope that the early disappearance of Neeme not connected with the trouble! Thank you to all sympathizer for the great pictures, videos and comments. Now we expect the arrival of spring and the arrival of Mai and Mati.... :thumbs:
Lubaska

Post by Lubaska »

Gavril wrote:September 1. Good day! The last time Mati visited the nest on August 25. The seventh day is not seen and not heard and Mati Paavo. It seems that they set out in the migration. Good luck and favorable wind to our dear Mai, Mati and osprets! :wave: I hope that the early disappearance of Neeme not connected with the trouble! Thank you to all sympathizer for the great pictures, videos and comments. Now we expect the arrival of spring and the arrival of Mai and Mati.... :thumbs:
Hi Gavril!
I want to thank you for the great photos and comments you have made in this chat room on daily basis. You have made always great atmosphere here and I loved to read your notes :D

And thanks to all other contributors on osprey s nests. You have done a very good job! Have a nice autumn season! :chick:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Gavril wrote:September 1. Good day! The last time Mati visited the nest on August 25. The seventh day is not seen and not heard and Mati Paavo. It seems that they set out in the migration. Good luck and favorable wind to our dear Mai, Mati and osprets! :wave: I hope that the early disappearance of Neeme not connected with the trouble! Thank you to all sympathizer for the great pictures, videos and comments. Now we expect the arrival of spring and the arrival of Mai and Mati.... :thumbs:
...and also Mai is very early disappeared. That makes me also a bit sorrows, it was strange.
I hope all the best for this family and hopeful a reunion in next spring. Bye all! :wave:
elisabetta-pamina

I feel quite worried too, Mai's behaviour was unusual
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

The early disappearance of Mai can be explained by the fact that the fishing ponds are far away. Mai, you need to accumulate strength for the long journey, so she left the nest. In 2012, the first mistress of this nest of Piret, before heading to the migration, visited the fish ponds, preparing for the long flight. viewtopic.php?f=56&t=525&start=2020 However, the fate of Neeme scares me. He could, of course, go after mother Mai...., but, we can only fantasise...
elisabetta-pamina

Gavril, you are right. Neeme ought to have remained with Dad some time more.
Bea

Post by Bea »

Neeme is obviously a momma´s boy :mrgreen:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”