Alutaguse Forest Webcam 2016

Brown Bear Webcam in Alutaguse Forest
Cax

Re: Alutaguse Forest Webcam 2016

Post by Cax »

trevorc wrote:Still no stream . :bash:
Very Frustrating :puzzled:
Indeed :faint:
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
trevorc

Post by trevorc »

Is there a problem, very frustrating as this is my favourite web cam. I can waste hours watching the activities. :bash:
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

Post by Felis silvestris »

Please note that the camera was not yet opened officially (this happens by publishing the necessary links and an introduction on the LK main page (English translations: http://www.looduskalender.ee/n/en).
I happened to catch the stream one day, but that does not mean that it was already meant to be the opening!
This article here http://www.looduskalender.ee/n/en/node/293 talks about "some of the installations have to be replaced", but we don't know what parts and if there may have been problems. Remember, this is not a profi business, but dedicated volunteers with support of various different enterprises, that have to find the time to go there and do the work, and Alutaguse is not exactly a suburb of Tallinn, but a part of Estonia that is still very wild and away from the works of civilization. It is amazing that it is possible at all to get a stream running from the neck of the woods!
Now that it is already main season also means that they can't work at leisure but have to be considerate of the wild life around.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

The Aquila Pomarina Collection
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Thank you Felis, I hadn't read that it was only a test :slap: .

We are patiently.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

It was nowhere written that it is only a test, but there was also no official opening of the camera yet. But apparently some problems are still there which have to be solved.
“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” (Mahatma Gandhi)
"You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals" (Paul McCartney)

Cax

Post by Cax »

Hm... what are they waiting for?
BMHO, all these cams could/should/would be opened all the year, lol, just as Käsmu.
Majahaldjate Heaolu Edendamise Selts ja Võlukunsti Ministeerium On Jobud Grupp feat. Thorin teatavad: I am your favourite dwarf. Don't deny it, don't try to resist, resistance is futile :)
lianaliesma

Post by lianaliesma »

Cax wrote:Hm... what are they waiting for?
BMHO, all these cams could/should/would be opened all the year, lol, just as Käsmu.
I agree, beautiful cams throughout the year...
We are living in a dangerous age. Human beings dominate nature, before they have learned to control themselves. -Albert Schweitzer
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the so-called "lower animals" versus the traits and dispositions of man. The result humiliates me. - Mark Twain
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Please..........
Carolchicki

Post by Carolchicki »

Any update on the bear cam? Haven't been able to see it but not sure if anyone else can?
Cax

Post by Cax »

Seems that not so far. Don't get, what are they thinking about not opening it... :puzzled: :bash: I really miss it :cry:
Carolchicki

Post by Carolchicki »

That's a shame - I stayed in the hide last year just before it finished so have been waiting to watch it since then!
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

There is a problem with some parts of the installation which has to be solved. The people in Estonia are working on the problem and hope to get everything sorted out and fixed soon. More can't be said at the moment. They are working on it!

Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

June 16

Still nothing.
Dalekolekora

Post by Dalekolekora »

We hope that the problem will be resolved soon already. :dunno:
Ronja

Post by Ronja »

I can't wait to have this camera going, it's my favourite one.
bielikoholik

Post by bielikoholik »

Very sad how, this year this camera is treated... ....
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I can't say very much about what is going on right now, but I have been informed that there are problems getting the camera in working order. If you look at the introduction of the previous years, you may see that there are more than a few firms and enterprises connected to getting the camera view online, and if one of them fails, the whole enterprise fails. As far as I know everything possible is being done to get a stream working.

Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Still nothing.
Felis silvestris
Site Admin

I guess the problem solving is difficult. As far as I have heard, one of the involved parties is insolvent. Sad for us, but it can't be helped.

To see some bears - I found two videos Finnish newspaper Ilta-Sanomat shared on their Facebook page:

Bears enjoying their summerholidays

https://www.facebook.com/iltasanomat/vi ... 470156463/

Playing bear cubs

https://www.facebook.com/iltasanomat/vi ... 064391463/

Biker

Post by Biker »

i'm declutter my PC and found this video. the whole visit of the bear from 2016-05-19 viewtopic.php?p=468153#p468153 in two parts
maybe there is in the beginning a big stripe, it dissapears. with TinyUpload.com it hooks sometimes, but then it works.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=657 ... 4013275597

by clicking the download link you have the choice to see the video with your favourite player (or directly in your browser) without download it

the bear appears in the end of part two in the foreground:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=303 ... 1623379029
*Please don't feed the trolls!*

Return to “Alutaguse Bear Webcam”