Estonian Osprey Nest ~Irma & Ivo~ DISCUSSION 2016

cling09

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest ~Irma & Ivo~ DISCUSSION 2016

Post by cling09 »

lol,ivar isnt hungry, why he took fish from mother, such a greed kid.
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

cling09 wrote:lol,ivar isnt hungry, why he took fish from mother, such a greed kid.
Ivar must eat so much how he can get, because he must learn fishing during his migration.
I ask me, why Irma is so very hungry. Is she not successful fishing or is it less trouble, to serve oneself from partner.
The nature needs us not, but we need the nature
Bea

Post by Bea »

Irma has also to eat as much as she can, with her migration ahead - and every fish, that she has not to catch herself, saves her energy.
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Janne+Ais

Post by Janne+Ais »

But Ivo must migrate some day, too, and he has done most of the hunting in the recent time. :unsure:
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Janne+Ais wrote:But Ivo must migrate some day, too, and he has done most of the hunting in the recent time. :unsure:
Yes, that's true, but it is his task. That is also the reason, that he migrates at last from the osprey family. He must backfill his tank.
cling09

Post by cling09 »

so happy to see ivar is still here, calling fish, compared to kal1, mati is so lonely, paavo after calling fish for nothing 1 day after, he decides to leave.
Bea

Post by Bea »

There is a new osprey whose ways we can follow now on the birdmap, with autumn migration 2016 --- Vadim
He is in Russia now, not far from Lake Peipus

Link to migration map
http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/EN/
Summi

Post by Summi »

It seems that Irma started her migration on 24 August when the northerly wind was blowing. :wave:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Birdfriend wrote:Yes, a cam zoom would be good. :laugh:
YOU ALL HAVE "BIG EYES" :rotf:

You want them all: Night cam... Zoom... All I wanted was a cam at the pond to follow Lazy Hubby :mrgreen:

I think that you got your appetite from the Australian :thumbs:
elchauto

Post by elchauto »

I am looking for the wonderful ospreys for several years- and now I see Ivar and his busy Dad Ivo for their last days before their migration. And perhaps you can give me an answer to my question: Ivar cannot catch fish yet for himself, will he make his journey together with his dad to get some food- I think he cannot fly thousands of Kilometers without eating. :bow: Or will Ivar show him how to hunt, when both have left? (But if they were two or three chicks---too difficult!) :puzzled:
I find no explanation in books or internet- please help me to understand this miracle. Sorry for my english- I´m :slap: sixty years old!
Thank you very much :loveshower: - am I on the wrong side??
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hello elchauto,

the fishing skills of the youngsters are - like so many things at these birds - in their genes. When hunger is big enough and no one of the parents is close to deliver fish for them, they will know what they have to do to get food.
Usually youngsters go on migration (one day genes tell them: "Go on migration NOW") before the father (mother is first one to migrate), father stays some more days in the area to be sure that all of the family are gone and will leave then, too.

First days are surely not easy for the youngsters, because not every fishing attempt will be successful, for that it is important that they are "well stuffed" with fish from their father before they are leaving for the long journey.
Jujani

Post by Jujani »

Thanks Bea for your infortamativen contribution.
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Bea, I just read today about another Osprey nest, the Rutlands Osprey cam, that the parent Ospreys, Maya & #33, are still at the nest even though their last juvenile Ospret left for migration 11 days ago!
They have had an interesting year, regarding arrivals and early fledgling chicks!
Something new!
:D
Bea

Post by Bea »

Yes, there is surely a lot of room for individual variety on every nest :D

That´s one more so interesting point watching webcams - we know received opinions from books and we can observe equalitiy and difference.

And it is different on every season on every nest! Old or new couples/partners, weather conditions (+ tempests), peace or disturbances around the breeding place .... so many items to influence the breeding success ...
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

Cessie wrote:Bea, I just read today about another Osprey nest, the Rutlands Osprey cam, that the parent Ospreys, Maya & #33, are still at the nest even though their last juvenile Ospret left for migration 11 days ago!
They have had an interesting year, regarding arrivals and early fledgling chicks!
Something new!
It is very interesting, how unique the nature is. Every spezies have always her exception. How Bea now wrote, every nest is others, every bird has an own behaviour, own character etc...
The weather, the genes, everything plays a role. :gathering:
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Yes, Bea and Birdfriend!
Birdfriend

Post by Birdfriend »

So we have again an example, how different is one species.
Mati works tireless to prepare his nest for the next season, he brought so much new sticks, that it looks like a breeding season begins soon.
Ivo against this made no more nestorations before he left...all is individual...always interesting.
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Good day to all :wave:
is our favorite birds are flying in the direction of the heat and prepare for the African part of their adventures, we have time to look about them and learn more about them.
look how they are settled in Europe during nesting. Baltic Sea, is for them a very, very attractive. :rolleyes: :thumbs:

http://s1.sovon.nl/ebcc/eoa/?species1=& ... cies4=3010

Once upon a time they were bred in Belgium, but now they fly over it only during migration.
I look at the sky, and when I see a bird with a huge wingspan, playing the run, but most often it buzzards or Milvus milvus with its beautiful glowing orange-brown tail.

whatever our Estonian migratory osprey? whether all of them good? :bow:
Sappheira

Post by Sappheira »

Migration of three Osprey: Kalle, Markus and Vadim.
15/09/2016 - they have crossed Turkey.

http://birdmap.5dvision.ee/EN/

elisabetta-pamina

Post by elisabetta-pamina »

Merci, Sappheira

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”