Estonian WTE Webcam 2017

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

rockus

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2017

Post by rockus »

Greetings all,

last year the whole family watched Anna and Uke with fascination. This year's different.

And in the search for some early morning temptation to get the kids out of bed, I collected a couple eagle nest camera sites: http://eagles.rockus.net/

If anybody knows of any else, let me know and I'll add to the list.

Greetings from Austria,
it's spring at last :)
Oliver
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thank you rockus, for this handy list. Good to have them together. :thumbs:
Several of these camera links are on the different fora here at Looduskalender but new people probably don't know where to find them. It is a good idea to have all the links in one page.

There are also many camera links of other animals hidden in the 'Wildlife Cameras that are really good' thread. But it is very difficult to find them without wading through all the pages. There used to be one page with all the camera links but I think it is no longer there.

So maybe someone could put at least these eagle links on a page. So the eagle lovers could find an occupied nest :chick:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

joey

Post by joey »

Hi all :gathering:

I've found this cam
http://stewardsumrr.org/webcams/bald-ea ... -cam-live/

with a "trio" of bald eagles: two males and a female :shock:

There are also two chicks.
Here the FAQ page:
http://stewardsumrr.org/webcams/bald-ea ... eagle-faq/
Biker

Post by Biker »

Thank you, joey , look here viewtopic.php?f=84&p=518152#p518152 , some of us follow them already :wave:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

March 31

The cam stopped around 16:30 and didn't come back.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

April 1

The cam was out of order today.
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

April 2

Again no cam today.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

New forum - noisy herons!

viewtopic.php?f=104&t=886
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

Jo UK wrote:New forum - noisy herons!
But how about THIS cam?
"We will leave the camera running on the nest this year" (Urmas Sellis)
ame

Post by ame »

Hagnat, there is quite obviously some technical problems with this camera. i believe that Urmas or Renno will go to the site and see what is going on there when they have time. this must be the busiest time of the year and they all are busy elsewhere, for example setting up new cameras for us to watch.

this camera is in a "wrong" place this year and there is no hurry to make it run again. i think that it must be in the bottom of their priority list and i shouldn't even think of sending questions about it to Urmas or Renno. in the meanwhile there are many cameras with much interesting things happening, like the new heron camera.
maybe you will find something interesting to watch else where?

edit: another thing came to my mind. the new nest of Anna and Uku is not very far from the camera tree. they must be incubating by now so this time is very delicate time in the breeding cycly and it will be getting even more sensitive. i don't think that Urmas or Renno would like to go anywhere near in order not to disturb the brooding parents or chicks. i still vividly remember how sensitive Lubana was to disturbance. :slap:
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

ame wrote:Hagnat, ... maybe you will find something interesting to watch else where? ...
I do already, but I liked Merikotkas. The best sound quality of all and an interesting bird community. And of course the eagles are not gone and also the Ravens are breeding nearby. How many times do we get the opportunity to follow a deserted nest? Last year I also stayed faithful to one of the failed Lesser spotted eagles' nests and I think that produced some interesting observations.
There are (too) many webcams now and perhaps there will be one getting my full attention.
ame

Post by ame »

i have had the chance to watch rather many empty nests and also a breeding which failed just when the egg was expected to hatch. then the season continued with the empty nest... empty nests are rather dull on the whole, but also interesting too, like you wrote. there will always be something else to hear and see. :laugh:

the sound here was good, that's true, but i prefer a nest with a view. the J-E camera has a superb view over the largest viewing angle of all the cameras over the open meadow. that has allowed us to see the eagles also in the sky. only the old Saunja nest had something closely comparable in 2010, but even then the view went when leaves came. 8-)

the Latvian nest has also been extremely interesting to watch because it has been so busy. actually it has been more interesting to watch this "popular dating bar" of young unpaired eagles who look for spouse and territory than a to watch a normal successful breeding. :mrgreen:
a big part of the Latvian eagles seem to visit the nest at some point. we have called it the Central Station: everybody travels through it. :laugh:
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

During the installing Heron cam in tower we lost signal from WtE nest. Nobody knows why. Most probably near the nest in forest something wrong and to get know we need to visit place. Ame already wrote why we did not make that trip there - several reasons, plus low motivation. There is also problem with road there, what is this time muddy and needs to carry batteries (if there is a problem) in hand 2,5km.
Once I think we go there, but not sure if that helps to get cam view...
Hagnat

Post by Hagnat »

I understand, Urmas. Thank you for the information.
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

:wave: Everyone! I am hoping that an Osprey family will take up residency at this nest this season.
I don't know if the White Tailed Eagles that are nesting nearby (we think it is Anna and Uku), will allow Osprey or Buzzards to be so close to them. If possible, the time is right for returning Ospreys to find this nest!
Thoughts?
Sapsan

Post by Sapsan »

What is the actual link to the WTE Webcam 2017 ?
None of the links mentioned in the opening post on page 1 of this forum works...
My system is IOS 10.12.4 (mac and iPad)
Thanks für helpful information.
Sapsan
Eagles fly solo
Bea

Post by Bea »

Hi Sapsan,

only the third post above yours explains why the cam is currently offline - see Urmas´post :wink:

viewtopic.php?p=519050#p519050
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Sapsan

Post by Sapsan »

Nothing is going on ? Seems to be no WTE observation this year... Nobody able to fix the camera ?
Are there other nests with cameras in action ?
Eagles fly solo
ame

Post by ame »

hi Sapsan :hi:
unfortunately in the Estonian and the Latvian nests there are no breedings this season.

other nests are more lucky. for example in the Norvegian nest there little bobbleheads. :loveshower:
you will find them here:
viewforum.php?f=28

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”