Estonian WTE Webcam 2017

Webcam Watching over White-tailed Eagles nest

Moderator: ame

aita

Re: Estonian WTE Webcam 2017

Post by aita »

Gew Gaw wrote: Surprise for whom? .....
:hi:
This is a surprise for Estonian Ornithological Association and the Eagle Club members.
These are people who respect White tail Eagles and they respect Estonian Laws.
They also have to coordinate a lot of papers in order to visit the eagles territory.

Cameras are to get to know eagles and to help them.
Cameras are not only to poor TV program replacement
Triin

Post by Triin »

Cessie wrote: Did the chicks get rings?
Did they film the ringing?
The chicks were not ringed. Not all the WTE eaglets are ringed in Estonia each season.
Cessie

Post by Cessie »

Thank you Triin!
Triin

Post by Triin »

Gew Gaw wrote:Why should they wait half a year when Urmas would go to help then with the nest? We have been waiting too long for news without any hope and no result. We heard them. We saw them. And all we have at the moment is 1 weak picture cause people went there without cam. That's very strange.
Building their own nest is exactly what I hoped that Anna and Uku would do. This is much better for them than depending on humans building artificial nests.

The area was searched thoroughly before Urmas built the artificial nest. So, Anna and Uku probably built the new nest even though they had an opportunity to use the platform. For the Eagle Club the well-being of eagles comes first and no one went to check earlier to avoid disturbing the eagles during the most sensitive time. There were no solid evidence that Anna and Uku have chicks this year. Thus the surprise moment. This nest site is not easily accessible and Renno was in the general area for other fieldwork entirely. He couldn't take a big camera and longer lens with him. At least I am really thankful for him, because of the extra effort to find out what Anna and Uku are doing.
ame

Post by ame »

i was very disappointed to read a negative comment after we received such wonderful news about Anna and Uku and their new family. it's great to hear that they are successfully bringing up new chicks, albeit not on the platform which Urmas and his co-workers set up to replace their fallen nest. Anna and Uku are strong young eagles and can build a new nest each year. this year they chose another tree.

the fact that the camera broke down is another thing. making technique working in natural environment is not any straightforward business. first of all the camera could not have been moved to the new nest tree even if the new nest had been found before the eaglemen built the platform nest in the old tree. at that time there was no new nest where to put the camera, only the old tree was known. secondly the camera cannot be repaired or moved when breeding has started, no matter where the nest is.

watching these nest cameras is not like going to cinema or turning on the TV set. in cinema one buys a ticket and gets to see a film. on TV there's always some program. with a nest camera all is different. watching a nest camera gives an opportunity to see nest life of birds if one is lucky and if everything goes well, but it is not guaranteed. last year we were lucky to see three strong eaglets growing up. this year we weren't lucky enough to get the opportunity to watch even an empty nest like on many other cameras in many seasons. :slap: :laugh:

i want to give my thanks to Renno and Triin for bringing us these news. :thumbs:
sova

Post by sova »

This is so nice news!!! :2thumbsup:
Thanks Triin and Reno .....Thank you very much!
Kuutar

Post by Kuutar »

I am very happy these wonderful news :loveshower: Anna and Uku have :chick: :chick:
Thank you very much !
Biker

Post by Biker »

Question:

Yesterday was an addition sentence regarding to donations in one post. It is missing now.

Did the member changed his mind and had removed it?

If it is a decision of an Admin/moderator: to remove parts of comments without any comment it is not a good / sovereign solution.
Is it a habit here? I hadn't noticed it so far; Very unpleasant. Is there really no other solution?
... One could also later add that it was the author himself who has edited.

In the case of self censorship it looks a bit otherwise. But here it is not obvious what has happened with the comment of this member.
An invocation for boycott of the donations (hasty announced) would neither not have been taken seriously by other members nor followed.

But I agree with forum members, who wrote above about the remaining part of his comment.

I also would like to thank Renno & Co for the work and efforts for the nature conservancy and Triin for posting the good news for us.
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Lubaska

Post by Lubaska »

Biker wrote:Question:

Yesterday was an addition sentence regarding to donations in one post. It is missing now.

If it is a decision of an Admin/moderator: to remove parts of comments without any comment it is not a good / sovereign solution.
Is it a habit here?
Biker, how did you get an idea that it s habit here?
I did not noticed any similar "habits" here.

that note was stupid (let s use right words). I guess that frustrated observer edited his own post after some time...
Biker

Post by Biker »

:puzzled: Only parts are missing from the comment. Lubaska It was an innocent curious question: what has happened?
Lubaska

Post by Lubaska »

Biker wrote::puzzled: Only parts are missing from the comment. Lubaska It was an innocent curious question: what has happened?
So then I misunderstood that comment. I felt bad reading it...
ame

Post by ame »

the comment concerning the donations was removed from Gew Gaw's post because it was seen inappropriate and not well-considered.

in general the administrator and moderator team is not obliged to give any explanations if they see fit to remove something from the forum. i usually make a note if i remove something from the forum but it is not required.
Biker

Post by Biker »

In the first point: I agree
To the second: I did not know.
I expected no long explanation in detail; just a notice.
Then: thank you that you do it usually in this way ame :thumbs:
constant.gardener

Post by constant.gardener »

Thanks a lot for the great news on Anna and Uku! I've been waiting all the time - and not in vain. :loveshower:
Rita

Post by Rita »

A big thank you to all the dedicated bird people on the forum and out in the field, Renno, Triin, ame et al.

I am so grateful for any information given regarding our eagles Ana and Uku and their offspring. This is so good news
that they are breeding this year. I do not need a camera to acknowledge. :loveshower:
maagg

Post by maagg »

ame wrote:
we are waiting for the next season. :D
Oh, yes, we do!

In the meantime... few memories :whistling:
past year, same day...

maagg

Post by maagg »

Triin wrote:Renno went to check on Anna and Uku today and got a big surprise. There was nothing in the winter, but sometime during the spring Anna and Uku have built a new nest. It is close to the artificial nest-platform Urmas did. Also, there were TWO EAGLETS in the nest. "Our" eagles are doing great :thumbs:
:loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower: :loveshower:
maagg

Post by maagg »

Gew Gaw wrote:
(...) :rant: :rant: :rant:

:puzzled:

Why so rudely? After all, none of these people have the obligation to install and to maintenance the camera, support forum is also not their duty. They don't have to answer to the constantly repeated same questions, they don't have to patiently explain same things again and again. But they DO THIS FOR US. I don't think Ame or Urmas or anybody "working" with this forum get any money for their activity here or in the forest near the nests. They do all that things for free. (I think.And even if I'm wrong, your comment was extremely rude) They try the best they can for us so that we could learn something about WTE, could watch streaming etc
It was very rude comment, I can't understand why, for what reason you expecting that anybody drop everything and run few kilometers to fix the camera to remove the eagles to the old nest just because you want to watch the streaming.
constant.gardener

Post by constant.gardener »

Once, I read the ornithologists get some money for ringing birds, but don't take the money. They give it to KOTKAKLUBI, if I'm not mistaken. So, as a matter of fact, they do unsalaried work. Please, if someone knows better, just tell me.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Triin wrote:Renno went to check on Anna and Uku today and got a big surprise. There was nothing in the winter, but sometime during the spring Anna and Uku have built a new nest. It is close to the artificial nest-platform Urmas did. Also, there were TWO EAGLETS in the nest. "Our" eagles are doing great :thumbs:

Unfortunately we still don't know what is wrong with the camera.

Renno didn't have a bigger lens with him, but he sent a picture of the new nest.
I was not here for a while!

Thank you so much Triin for this great news :loveshower: Two chick in this year from our anna and Uku! what a nice surprise.
Maybe we can see Anna and Uku next year again :2thumbsup:

Return to “White-tailed Eagles Camera Forum”