Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2018

White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

Abigyl

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis Durbe 2018

Post by Abigyl »

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29th 2018

Last weekend of the year.

It was a very challenging year for a young and inexperienced couple of Eagles, but a very interesting and even fascinating year for us humans.
For us, there were some hard days to watch, along with days full of joy and happiness.

I will always remember 2018 as the year of "Baby", the same chick who went through hardships and hunger, but faced everything and left the nest as a clever and strong eaglet.
We sent both eaglets to their sky with much hope that they'll live happily with good friends, and will enjoy a good and long life.
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

08:50 It's windy and a little foggy morning.
sova

Post by sova »

Abigyl wrote: December 29th, 2018, 8:25 am SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29th 2018

Last weekend of the year.

It was a very challenging year for a young and inexperienced couple of Eagles, but a very interesting and even fascinating year for us humans.
For us, there were some hard days to watch, along with days full of joy and happiness.

I will always remember 2018 as the year of "Baby", the same chick who went through hardships and hunger, but faced everything and left the nest as a clever and strong eaglet.
We sent both eaglets to their sky with much hope that they'll live happily with good friends, and will enjoy a good and long life.
Abigyl ... you said that nicely. I am completely your opinion. Sometimes, I would like to see how our Durberta is doing, whether it drives the poor brunette of the same age to madness. :mrgreen:
And I wonder if maybe Durbe is still alive and where Robert is.
Sorry .... thoughts for year end. :rolleyes:
ame

Post by ame »

good morning!

i hear dripping sounds but i can't see any raindrops falling nor any waterdrops hanging on the branches. probably the stream under the tree is making water music. :rolleyes:
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

About an hour or so, we heard 2-3 shots, not very near to nest.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Good afternoon! Thanks to all for messages!
What interesting guest was yesterday.
And today day of hunting. Many shots were approximately at 12:30 or earlier.
ame wrote: December 28th, 2018, 3:42 pm 15:41 he flew from far right over the meadow towards the pond. there he turned and flew to the nest. maybe he noticed the nest then.
after he left he flew out to the far left. that is probably where he was originally planning to fly to.
I paid attention to it too. Our eagles too often along the wood fly. Especially when eaglets lived on a meadow, they there everything so flew.
It seems that eagles have routes to which they adhere. As at us are highway.
I finished the place on disks and I began to make entries with bitrate 2000. Now I can see nothing on them. Very poor quality.
Somebody has a yesterday's record at 09:13:45 - 09:13:57 in high quality? I cannot understand in any way, there one eagle flies from right to left or two.
Image Image
ame

Post by ame »

i have my normal quality video of this event. the time was 9:13, at seconds about 45 -55.
here's the normal view:

i also made a close-up view of the fly-by. i think that there was only one bird. the double images were artificial.
to me the bird looked smaller than an eagle. first of all its wing beat was faster than an eagle's and its apparent size was small. it also flew by quickly. this suggests that it was fairly small in reality. an eagle looking that small would be at a longer distance and it would fly over that path for a longer time. so my guess is that this bird was a raven. i also heard a raven's voice at 9:13:45.

i also made a close-up clip in 1/25 of normal speed, i.e. about one frame per second. i don't know if this helpful though.
ame

Post by ame »

talking about the devil... :
15:23 a raven flew to the top of the nest tree. :D
edit: i watched the video more carefully: the tree shook once already before a raven flew to the top. there two!
15:24:30 one of the ravens flew away.

15:26 again kroo-kroo-kroo from the top. did the raven not fly away? i thought i heard wings leaving... :puzzled:
yes, one raven flew away but the other stayed and called more on the top.

15:28:06 i saw a raven flying away. that was the second raven. :nod:
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

To Ame, thanks! :thumbs:
I have so bad record that I even could not understand the speed of flight. :slap:

I heard two ravens at the same time at 15:23:42.
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Read on DDforum that we had a guest at 12:07
ame

Post by ame »

Dec 30

good morning!

8:12 - 8:16 an owl called several times nearby.

thank you for the visitor Sonchik. :D
Abigyl

Post by Abigyl »

Good Morning!

08:22 Nest tree is almost visible; no wind this morning.

Have a nice and warm day! :thumbs:
ame

Post by ame »

9:55 several little birds are around the nest. a nuthatch i can hear and i think i saw a great tit.
... then a nuthatch went across the nest. :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Good Morning :hi:

9:54 a great tit visit the nest

9:56 a nuthatch is here
ame

Post by ame »

8:39 a squirrel visited the nest! :headroll:
it was too dark for good pictures! :slap:
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

Good Morning!
At us today day of guests. :laugh:
Squirrel at 08:39:30

Just there were several birds in a row.
09:53

I waited for more than an hour, someone will write about a squirrel or not. When I decided to write itself, too decided to write to Ame. :rotf:

It is added: it appears and about birds already two wrote. Why I always find it after I send the message? :banghead:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

8:42:48 A raven flew on the left
ame

Post by ame »

Sonchik wrote: December 30th, 2018, 10:05 am ... I waited for more than an hour, someone will write about a squirrel or not. When I decided to write itself, too decided to write to Ame. :rotf:

It is added: it appears and about birds already two wrote. Why I always find it after I send the message? :banghead:
it was just a funny coincidence! :rotf:
i happened to come and watch the camera when the little birds came. i missed the first great tits but saw the one who was on the left branches. while i was writing about them i was checking the early video at the came time and found the squirrel. then i wrote about it. by the time i had made a picture of it (and a video) i saw that you had made a video of the squirrel, too, at the very same time! :rotf:
(btw: i made your squirrel video visible. i hope it is ok, that you don't mind.)

i think that the lesson here is (if there is any lesson) that if someone sees something interesting one should write about it at once. why to wait? :laugh:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

11:15 A raven with a corncob

What a big corncob :mrgreen:
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

11:18 The raven is eating :laugh:

11:19 is cleaning his beak

takes the cob and flew away with it

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”