White-tailed eagles in Latvia

Moderator: Moderators

rodjur

Re: Latvian WtE nest webcamera Juras-erglis 2018 nest 2

Post by rodjur »

Seems that camera doesnt work, or it is my phone? :bash:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

rodjur wrote: July 21st, 2018, 7:14 pm Seems that camera doesnt work, or it is my phone? :bash:
Doesn't work here either :sad:
Biker

Post by Biker »

:hi:
still nothing. Good that the transfer did not stop one day earlier :slap:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

It seems the problem with the camera cannot be solved remotely. They have to visit the site for repairs and will do that maybe next week. That's what I understand from the GT translation of a post by Māris on Dabasdati forum. Some things I do not understand from the translation.

What a pity!

Labrīt!
Saņēmu ziņu no Jāņa Ķ., ka attālināti šoreiz neesot iespējams problēmu atrisināt, jābrauc uz vietas, bet joprojām esot šausmīga slodze. Mēhģināšot pa nākošo nedēļu tomēr kaut kad izrauties.

GT:
I received a message from John C. (Janis Kuze I assume) that remotely this time it's not possible to solve the problem, go to the site, but still have a terrible load. It's time to crawl around the next week when we crave it.

https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 91#p194591
Zhu39

Post by Zhu39 »

Hello all!

While we are waiting for camera repair (possibly next week) Ugis sent some greetings from Knips. (I don't see this link posted here) Many thanks to Māris too.
https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 33#p194733
Biker

Post by Biker »

Thank you, Zhu39
:hi: sincerely welcome!
knip looks good :thumbs:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Thank you for posting Zhu39 :thumbs:
ame

Post by ame »

welcome Zhu39!
:gathering:

thank you for the link to Knips' pictures. :thumbs:
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

July 30

Good morning!

New pictures of Knips! Looking good :nod:

post by māris
https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 43#p195543
Marfo

Post by Marfo »

Speaking of Knips:

I see the camera has not been repaired yet.
On Dabasdati māris wrote:

Vakar saņēmu no Jāņa Ķ. informāciju, ka visticamāk šonedēļ šī tiešraide netiks atjaunota.
Atvainojos, ka tik vēlu šeit ierakstu.
Bet mēs šā vai tā gaidīsim.

GT: Yesterday I received from Janis Ķ. information that this live stream will not be updated this week.
Sorry to record so late here.
But we will expect this or that.

https://forums.dabasdati.lv/viewtopic.p ... 69#p195069

That is a pity... But maybe Janis could repair the camera next week, please? He will not have to look for Vilnis in Durbe so.... :bow:
Rita

Post by Rita »

Thank you so much for the Knips update. :wave: He is really looking good. Does anybody know when he will be brought to Nagli Fish Farm ponds???
balistar

Post by balistar »

Thanks very much for the new pictures of our beloved Knips :innocent:

They have embellished his apartment, very nice, it seems that Knips feels good.
The only thing I have to nag, I miss a branch, where he could practice holding on.

Rita, as far as I'm aware, release was scheduled in mid-August, but Ugis will set it according to development.
Rita

Post by Rita »

Thank you balistar for the info. :wave:

I also believe that he needs a branch.

I am regularly checking Savvalas putnu rehabilitacijas stacija with the help of Google translate ... :nod:
Rita

Post by Rita »

Posting from MARIS 31. July 2018, 16:07 hrs in Savvalas Putnu Reha ... Forum:

Quote from Maris:
'Telefonsarunā Jānis Ķ. izteicās, ka Viņam visērtāk tomēr būtu rudens pusē, kad lielie lauku darbi beigušies, bet tāda "fiksā" saskriešanās tiem kas to vēlas varētu notikt Knipa lielajā atbrīvošanas dienā, kura notiks kaut kad augusta otrajā pusē, bet precīzāk datumu nosauks Uģis Bergmanis. Vismaz tiem, kas to vēlēsies redzēt, Uģis ir devis savu "svētību". Tā kā gaidam datumu.'
For all those who are still interested in Knipuci's fate. I hope Maris does not mind that I am quoting and translating her posting here. I waited to see whether someone would put it in this forum. As noone did it I just go ahead now.

Freely translated by me with the help of GT:

'Janis Kuze would prefer Knips' release somewhen in autumn when there is less work for him. Nevertheless it is planned to release Knips into the wild in the 2nd half of August. The exact date will be given by Ugis Bergmanis who would not mind that all who like to see could participate. Let's wait for the date then.'

edited: corrected the last sentence into English. The heat :-)
Bärbelbär

Post by Bärbelbär »

Rita wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 7:48 pm Posting from MARIS 31. July 2018, 16:07 hrs in Savvalas Putnu Reha ... Forum:

Quote from Maris:

For all those who are still interested in Knipuci's fate. I hope Maris does not mind that I am quoting and translating her posting here. I waited to see whether someone would put it in this forum. As noone did it I just go ahead now.

'Janis Kuze would prefer Knips' release somewhen in autumn when there is less work for him. Nevertheless it is planned to release Knips into the wild in the 2nd half of August. The exact date will be given by Ugis Bergmanis who would not mind that all who like to see could participate. Dann warten wir mal auf das Datum.'
Hello Rita. :wave: Thank you for the information.
I check this forum regularly, hoping to hear something new from Knips. The little one can not yet enjoy the freedom like the other young eagles. But he will be able to do it soon. And I wish him a nice life. :bounce:
Der Mensch braucht die Natur, die Natur den Menschen nicht. Der Mensch ist Teil der Natur, er ist ihr nicht übergeordnet. Erst wenn er das begreift, hat er eine Überlebenschance.
© Richard Freiherr von Weizsäcker
maria.galbiati-1953

Post by maria.galbiati-1953 »

I can not find the pictures of Knips, could you give me the link where I can sell them? thank you
maria.galbiati-1953

Post by maria.galbiati-1953 »

thanks I found the pictures of Knips.
balistar

Post by balistar »

Rita wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 7:48 pm ...........
For all those who are still interested in Knipuci's fate.

'Janis Kuze would prefer Knips' release somewhen in autumn when there is less work for him. Nevertheless it is planned to release Knips into the wild in the 2nd half of August. The exact date will be given by Ugis Bergmanis who would not mind that all who like to see could participate. Let's wait for the date then.'

edited: corrected the last sentence into English. The heat :-)
Hi Rita :hi:
Thanks very much for the information.

Yes, I'm still interested and others certainly, too.
I have just checked the DD forum. So far no further information. Now begins the second half of August and we are looking forward to news.
If anyone finds new information, I would be happy if they were posted here.
:wave:
Rita

Post by Rita »

You are welcome. Certainly - I am checking every day. :blush:
Rita

Post by Rita »

Quote from MARIS re. Knips from 15.08.2018 in the DDF, Savvalas putnu rehabilitacijas thread:
Sazvanījos ar Uģi Bergmani. Ar Knipu viss kārtībā, ēd, lido pa voljēru, paēdis. Ņammas joprojām pietiek.
- Plāni mainījušies ar vaļā laišanu - tā notiks nevis augustā kā bija runāts, bet gan septembrī, jo tikai tad tikšot laisti nost Nagļu zivjaudzētavas dīķi. Solīja drīzumā arī kādu bilžuku.
Now that's a hard one for Google Translate - I try my very best: MARIS contacted Ugis Bergmanis who said that Knips is fine, flying and eating. The rest of this sentence makes no sense with GT. Plans have changed with Knips' release: It will take place in September because only then it will be possible to release him at Nagli ponds. Then there is a promise of a little bit of 'billyuk' - if I am not mistaken 'pictures' is meant here. :mrgreen:

(I'd really love to go there and see Knips' release)

Return to “White-tailed Eagles”