Estonian Osprey Nest (Irma & Ivo) 2018

mogga

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Irma & Ivo) 2018

Post by mogga »

°°°
When I began with this video I quickly realized I can't make one about the whole season. Impossible, too much happened. That would habe become a 3 hours video.
So, here are just some moments. Sometimes movie, sometimes slide show.
I added a little text here and there, I hope not too much. You all know what is happening, no need for text, but maybe some people watch it with less knowledge. The lettering is too large, of course, that's because of my own bad sight. :laugh:
The video is 16 minutes long. Maybe you should prepare a cup of tea or coffee before...

lispet

Post by lispet »

September 9th

Good morning!

Lots of cleaning traffic on the nest

07:23

07:30

07:30

07:36
http://up.picr.de/33775222jc.jpg
lispet

Post by lispet »

mogga!
Thank you so much for your work! This video will be such a nice memory and documentation! Good job! :2thumbsup:
Rita

Post by Rita »

Dear mogga, thank you for this summary and the work you put into it - see you next season.

I hope you do not mind me saying that you could have shortly described the episode with the ring and that the ring is gone now.
I mean you mentioned the visit of the foreign osprey. And the matter with Jaak's ring had quite an impact. :blush:
Swenja

Post by Swenja »

Thanks for the nice video @mogga :thumbs:
It was a nice breeding season. Three healthy wonderful offspring are born and Irma and Ivo are good parents.
I'm already looking forward to the next year and hope that the camera transmission is maintained.
Many greetings and thanks again to all, for the good documentation.
Until next year! :wave:
Freedom!
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:wave:
Thank you mogga for your video/slide show, it brings nice memories of the season :2thumbsup:
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

:hi: Hello, dear friends! As always, when the osprey flies away, I'm sad. However, there is always hope to see them next season. Irma doesn't let us down, and Ivo will not get involved in young ospreys....I am glad that this season was very successful. Three beautiful young osprey safely flew out of the nest. I'm a little concerned that Kaj left the nest first. I am glad that the only tragic episode was the story of the ring at Jaak.
Thank you all for covering all the events in the nest. Mogga! Thank you for the final video. As always perfectly! :thumbs:
It remains to wish our birds a fair wind and ponds full of fat and big fish! See you next season!

:wave: :wave:
Peixatera

Post by Peixatera »

Thank you mogga! It's a wonderful video, a very nice memory of the breeding season. Good job.
Best regards. We'll meet us again in spring :wave: .
theodenijs

Post by theodenijs »

Good morning everyone,

Thank you for the video Mogga: enjoyed every bit of it. Great footage and especially loved the all the birdsong in the spring like Chiffchaff and Blackbird. Even the humming of the wasps that swarmed the nest for a while when there was fish around. Nice catches of the Hooded Crow and the intruders (even a red Darvic was visible. ID-ed?). Loved all the events unfold untill leaving.
Will certainly return next year.
Also thanks for all the contributions of all on the forum: you captured what I missed and loved the comments.
Bye and untill next year.
:wave:
Jojo

Post by Jojo »

Thank You so much for the video Mogga. So many beautiful shots and precious moments.

This breeding season will be a treasured memory and the video captures it perfectly :loveshower: :loveshower:
mogga

Post by mogga »

Rita wrote: September 9th, 2018, 8:36 am Dear mogga, thank you for this summary and the work you put into it - see you next season.

I hope you do not mind me saying that you could have shortly described the episode with the ring and that the ring is gone now.
I mean you mentioned the visit of the foreign osprey. And the matter with Jaak's ring had quite an impact. :blush:
You are right, Rita! :wave:

There is only one single picture in the end where the ring can be seen in the wrong position.
There are two reasons why I didn't report on this event:

First is, I lost concentration in the last days. I read the whole thread again (250 pages) to find episodes, moments, pictures. I downloaded a lot from the pontu archive to find the stuff I was looking for. I just became a little tired / inattentive.

Second is, I think Jaak's ring accident will become less stirring in the next weeks and months when looking back. I don't want to downplay / minimize the event, it was not easy to watch. But when this event is looked back with distance, maybe it loses drama.
If you see the whole world of birds there are lots of bad incidents happening every day. Hunting, stealing eggs from rare birds and selling them on the black market, window collisions, millions of birds killed by domestic cats worldwide and many other things...
I am sure Jaak's 'adventure' was an extremely seldom and extraordinary affair.

Nevertheless you are right, I could have paid a little more attention to this... :nod:
Rita

Post by Rita »

Hi Mogga,

That's what I thought - to gather all the material to compile such a video was an enormous effort because you had to go through all - archives and postings meticulously. I can vividly imagine that at some point this is getting tedious.

I full agree with you - the reason why I said something is because on one picture the ring on the toes is visible - and it implies that the ring is still there. This might confuse and irritate someone who watches your video. And the fact that a foreign osprey visited the nest is a comparably unimportant incident as well.

Still I admire you and the other posters who really manage to do videos and so give us amazing summaries. :laugh:
Hellem

Post by Hellem »

No stream since 13:44:13

mogga :wave: , thanks for the great video :2thumbsup:
lispet

Post by lispet »

Urmas and the Eagle Men!
:2thumbsup: Thank you for this season! Your work and efforts make all this possible! This season was so interesting also because of the Youtube possibility to repeat happenings on the nest! :2thumbsup: Thank you!!
elisabetta-pamina

Post by elisabetta-pamina »

mogga wrote: September 8th, 2018, 11:59 pm °°°
When I began with this video I quickly realized I can't make one about the whole season. Impossible, too much happened. That would habe become a 3 hours video.
So, here are just some moments. Sometimes movie, sometimes slide show.
I added a little text here and there, I hope not too much. You all know what is happening, no need for text, but maybe some people watch it with less knowledge. The lettering is too large, of course, that's because of my own bad sight. :laugh:
The video is 16 minutes long. Maybe you should prepare a cup of tea or coffee before...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXrf7qd4smE
Dear Mogga, I have no words to say, save THANK YOU VERY MUCH. How beautiful.
Goodbye to 2019.
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

mogga, thank you for the great video. :loveshower:

Also thanks to all members, who wrote here and posted beautiful pictures.
Sunshine, your pictures are great, even your comments!

And many thanks to Urmas and all those who made it possible to observe the nest :2thumbsup:
Retari

Post by Retari »

Thanks Mogga for a great video! Thanks to all the fine pictures and texts. See you next year in the same place, thanks to Urmas and your partners - great work !!! :wave: :loveshower:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

mogga wrote: September 9th, 2018, 1:25 pm You are right, Rita! :wave:

There is only one single picture in the end where the ring can be seen in the wrong position.
I am sure Jaak's 'adventure' was an extremely seldom and extraordinary affair.
There is a dated comment and a link on the front page by Bea of the day Jaak's unhappy ring slipped: https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 89#p611689
as well as of his great day of getting rid of that dilemma:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... 09#p613109
So in my opinion Jaak's mishap is not an essential loss on mogga's video, I think mogga included the spirit of this nest this season in the video as beautifully and as it was :2thumbsup:
Polly

Post by Polly »

mogga, it gets a very warm heart. :nod: Thanks for the many moments. How small they were our Ospreys ... everyone is so wonderful! That all 3 chicks would survive, I had hardly hoped. Often unhappy things happen ... .
The situation of Jaak was a late start. :faint: But everything is now hopefully optimal for his journey and time to Africa. Also for the girls Heli and Kaja.

Next year, I'm very excited to see Daisi and Daimar being seen. By chance somewhere ... not here at the nest. Because they will not return to their nests. That's a pity. :whistling:

And I will very much hope and wait eagerly for Ivo and Irma. The next year I learned that Irma is always a little later. :unsure:

My thoughts and wishes are with all our Ospreys! A good time .... . :loveshower:
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to this thread with their comments, pictures and videos and created such a positive, friendly and good-humoured aura here! :wave:

Biggest THANKS to Urmas, Ülo and everyone else from Estonia who make this wonderful project possible!

And thank you Liz01, I am so glad if you and others enjoyed it! :D

Such a good season and a happy end of it. Fly safely, our dear ospreys!

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”