Estonian Osprey Nest (Irma & Ivo) 2018

gola

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Irma & Ivo) 2018

Post by gola »

Sorry my english is very bad. I am from eastern Finland. This was my third season whit Kalakotkas. I thank you all for the pictures and videos, I have looked daily at the forum. I am happy that we still can look what happenes at the empty nest and hear all sounds from the forest.
lispet

Post by lispet »

Hi gola! Welcome to the forum, glad that you found us! The season is ending but next April we will meet again! :gathering:
mogga

Post by mogga »

:wave: gola

Always nice to get a feedback from some people who are reading the forum posts.
See you next springtime... :gathering:
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hi mogga! Thanks a lot for the video about the family of Ivo and Irma :loveshower: I had a lot of fun. It is amazing to look imigration on birdmap.5dvision.ee how far some ospreys already are: Elena on the border of Central Africa :D Hope to see all these magnificent animals back home next April :bounce: In Finland Ossi and Alma, too (no satellite :help: )
Silke

Post by Silke »

An exciting video of the development in the nest, planing and growing up the osprey-family! :bounce: Thank you, mogga!! :thumbs:
Now, some green gras is growing in the empty nest Image
:mrgreen:
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

I have watched mogga's video over and over again, it is so nice. :hi:
I have an impression that this season the nest bowl was built deeper than before, thanks to Ivo! I mean those years two of the eggs rolled out of the nest and a chick was blown out in a wind gust the bowl was not as deep as this year. Am I right? :puzzled:
gola

Post by gola »

Someone is sitting on the of the dead tree.
Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hello gola,

welcome to the forum :hi:

Sorry, I have no own recordings from that day and we neither have any longer recordings in the public archives.

It would be a great help if you would mention the camera time of your observation next time, this will help those members, who have made own recordings, find the event easier. :nod:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Bea

Post by Bea »

21. September

A lbb (lbb = little brown bird) visited the nest, resting a bit and looking for edibles. Maybe being on migration? Its´ plumage is a very good camouflage-plumage.
It stayed from 09:23 to 09:35.
At 09:31 two Jays had a discussion in the dead tree.

All in all really no spectacular event, but I noticed it when I checked my recordings .... and at least it is a bird on the nest :D

Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°

At 10:48 a busy little Blue Tit was checking the nest

pica

Post by pica »

hi all,
maybe I have a link for those missing them. it‘s a site for bird observation in Switzerland on ospreys for the last years. klick on the pictures (some of the observations do not have). many of the birds are not ringed and the ones I could see, were not really clear for my old eyes. just in case you have time and pleasure...
https://oiseaux.ch/birdline/core.php?m= ... 0p%EAcheur

have a nice weekend!
mogga

Post by mogga »

°°°

All in all there was a bit too much praise about my video!
But, of course, I am pleased about it... :laugh:

To be honest: I myself usually like watching pictures more than videos. Or better: sometimes so, sometimes so...
This 'Irma and Ivo'-thread would not be as nice at it is, if there were not so many pictures in between along the whole season.
I would like to thank Sunshine and seira for their pemanent picture show all the time. :2thumbsup:
And many others, too, as there are:
Sappheira, Bea, Birdfriend, lispet, Jenny, Rita, Owlie, Liz01 (please follow at youtube, wonderful videos!), sova, Larisa, Håkan, Silke, Sonchik, Lubaska, Timea, Cessie, venegor and many others that I will have forgotten to mention...

Thanks to Bea, die den Laden hier durch alle Fahrwasser zusammenhält! (Could someone else translate this to English?) :mrgreen:

Thanks to Summi, too, for being a constant companion of this thread.

Special thanks to Hellem! Without the non-stop reporting I would not have been able to find the moments so quickly (and the denoted time is always right!). When do you eat and sleep, Hellem? :laugh: 8-)

Also thanks to Kawajet, Lisbeth, Gavril, Maxie4Paws, Andi, Polly, Eike, Maria&Xavier, gola, pica and all the others...
mogga

Post by mogga »

pica wrote: September 21st, 2018, 4:23 pm hi all,
maybe I have a link for those missing them. it‘s a site for bird observation in Switzerland on ospreys for the last years. klick on the pictures (some of the observations do not have). many of the birds are not ringed and the ones I could see, were not really clear for my old eyes. just in case you have time and pleasure...
https://oiseaux.ch/birdline/core.php?m= ... 0p%EAcheur

have a nice weekend!
Thanks, pica!
I am connected with some bird friends from Switzerland. The last days some of them discovered an osprey in the sky with their binoculars and send pictures, if they could make a photo... :laugh:

Here is one:
https://twitter.com/RetoBaenninger/stat ... 1146260482
pica

Post by pica »

mogga, your tremendous work with the 2018th review on this nest is not only priceless, it is and will allways be unique. THANK YOU therefore!

tx also for the link to reto. I do really admire all of the photographers and filmers of nature for their patience!

feel sorry, that we cannot follow the ospreys of this year without senders. so we can only hope, that all of those fanatic "picture makers" are on the road for us to satisfy our eyes :loveshower:

all the best for you and hopefully the winter won't be too long!
mogga

Post by mogga »

Bea wrote: September 21st, 2018, 3:47 pm 21. September

A lbb (lbb = little brown bird) visited the nest, resting a bit and looking for edibles. Maybe being on migration? Its´ plumage is a very good camouflage-plumage.
It stayed from 09:23 to 09:35.

All in all really no spectacular event, but I noticed it when I checked my recordings .... and at least it is a bird on the nest :D

It is not a Tree Pipit, it is not a Linnet, it is not a kind of Sparrow (all suggestions me and another bird amateur made). :whistling:

It is a Yellowhammer! Difficult to identify at this time of year, as the ornithologist who found out this, consoled me.
The yellow can hardly be seen now. The bird is chirping in the video sometimes, for example from 11:40 to 12:05
Solo

Post by Solo »

mogga wrote: September 21st, 2018, 9:44 pm ... It is a Yellowhammer! Difficult to identify at this time of year, as the ornithologist who found out this, consoled me. The yellow can hardly be seen now. The bird is chirping in the video sometimes, for example from 11:40 to 12:05
:hi: mogga,
TY :thumbs: - here it is female, I'm right? (https://bit.ly/2OJq7JM)

I was only silent observer, but I followed this thread with big interest - I like osprey (too) and Irma is one great female :D
Thank you all very much for all contribution :2thumbsup:
:wave:
mogga

Post by mogga »

Solo wrote: September 22nd, 2018, 10:38 am :hi: mogga,
TY :thumbs: - here it is female, I'm right? (https://bit.ly/2OJq7JM)

I was only silent observer, but I followed this thread with big interest - I like osprey (too) and Irma is one great female...
:wave: Solo,

Yes, seems to be a female. But I have become careful to identify birds.
I often experience when I say: "This is a female." one of the experts comes and says: "No, sorry, this is a young male. Look, you can see it because of ..........." :laugh:

It's even more difficult with the bird's songs and calls. Recently I posted a recorded song of a bird I hadn't seen. I proudly introduced it as a dunnock (which I thought I can identify among lots of other bird songs, because I have heard it very often). Someone (Franz Lindinger from German NABU) came and said: "No, sorry, this is a blackcap. The difference to a dunnock is this and this and this. :D
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

mogga wrote: September 21st, 2018, 4:35 pm °°°...

Special thanks to Hellem! Without the non-stop reporting I would not have been able to find the moments so quickly (and the denoted time is always right!). When do you eat and sleep, Hellem? :laugh: 8-)
I, too, wonder often when our loyal timetable expert takes a rest ... :whistling: At least now for the winter season! I wish you, Hellem, welcome in April again, we need you every season!

It is true that we all alone and together make the spirit that we experience on this thread. Several of us have been there since beginning 2013 (https://www.looduskalender.ee/forum/vie ... f=56&t=550) and it is as nice to "meet" acquaintances as it is to "meet" our Irma year after year. Best wishes for next season for the birds and all of us :thumbs:
Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°°°

23. September

13:28

A noisy Great Tit made a short visit on the nest

And a bigger bird was perching in one of the dead trees in the background .... Ivo often used to perch there, too.

Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°°°°

18:15
Female Blackbird and Fieldfares are demolishing the nest, looking for insects :D

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”