Estonian Osprey Nest (Mati & ?) 2018

Gavril

Re: Estonian Osprey Nest (Mati & ?) 2018

Post by Gavril »

Good day! :hi: Thank you for updating Polly and Shanta! :thumbs: It's nice to know that MM does not forget about the nest and even cares about the interior. Grosbeak (Coccothraustes coccothraustes) are beautiful, too!

:wave:
Polly

Post by Polly »

Hello Gavril! :wave: Gladly ... this nest will be exciting for me and many others too. While everything is going well for Irma and Ivo and hopefully we will be able to accompany this mating again next year, this nest remains a lucky bag. :rotf:

There were some visitors, young Ospreys but it gets interesting who really has serious intentions here and conquers the nest.

I'm sorry about Mati ... we'll probably have to go through some losses as long as we observe all these nests year after year.

This nest remains the most beautiful for me ... I do not know where the feeling comes from but it has finally earned a successful mating.

I'm looking forward to chicks. :mrgreen: :bounce: :loveshower:
"Throw your heart across the river and swim after it."
Indian proverb
Polly

Post by Polly »

Shanta wrote: June 19th, 2018, 2:39 pm If I've time I do, also serching on rewind ... darn :blush: forgot to post :slap: the last short visit I've seen at 11. June.
There was a little battle but not sure for what, maybe for the nest or territory. After leaving the nest heard warning calls, but nothing more really to see only for short a bird in the air.

I noticed today that MM has an almost stately proportion compared to this Osprey. This pristine Osprey looks almost haggard.

Or am I wrong? :puzzled:
Indian proverb
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

Polly wrote: June 20th, 2018, 7:56 pm I noticed today that MM has an almost stately proportion compared to this Osprey. This pristine Osprey looks almost haggard.

Or am I wrong? :puzzled:
Maybe he's at an advanced age? :rolleyes: This is a joke of course.

This nest is dear to me. I was happy to see the life of Piret and Madis family here. But the following season was a disappointment to me...then there was Mai and Mikk, then Mati...We really hope that we will see in this nest a married couple and growing Chicks! I fell in love with MM!
Polly

Post by Polly »

Helga wrote: April 16th, 2018, 10:53 am 10:53 she is on the cam stand!
11:12 back on the nest and again up to the cam stand
I was with this lady so ... :nod:

But some seemingly did not come back to the nest.

MM seems to be more interested. :bow:
Indian proverb
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

June 25th. Morning! :hi: A little guest with a nice voice. Willow Warbler? (Phylloscopus trochilus).

Gavril

Post by Gavril »

Today I saw an interesting story in the nest. 14: 16. Flew a small bird (Warbler willow Warbler?). A little preening of the feathers, then jumped into the nest bowl. She was lying there, silent. It seems that the bird was sunbathing and getting pleasure from it. After 3 minutes, fluttered on the rim of the nest. Some time preening their feathers and singing their light song. 14: 41. The bird flew away, but sang somewhere near the nest. Maybe the little guest was fighting parasites? Unfortunately, the quality of my video leaves much to be desired. :blush:
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

This bird is in the nest all day or nearby. She sings carelessly , looking for food, preening its feathers and taking sun baths.
:D

It seems to me that it is not like Wiilow Warbler. Who's this? :puzzled:
Bea

Post by Bea »

Gavril wrote: June 25th, 2018, 3:59 pm It seems to me that it is not like Wiilow Warbler. Who's this? :puzzled:
One of the group of the LBBs .... (Little Brown Birds) :mrgreen:

It could be a Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus collybita) - Gavril, you heard its song, would it fit? :book:
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

16: 29. With brief visit Blackbird. He sang a song on the webcam. It seems that he meets the Warbler Chiffchaff. Or this Blackbird a Mockingbird! :mrgreen:
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

Bea wrote: June 25th, 2018, 4:37 pm One of the group of the LBBs .... (Little Brown Birds) :mrgreen:

It could be a Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus collybita) - Gavril, you heard its song, would it fit? :book:
:hi: I got lost in the Warblers "like in three pines"! :innocent:
yitmoth

Post by yitmoth »

Yes, that's a Willow Warbler in the first video. There was one who always used to sing for Mai and the osprets two summers back. Hardly seems likely that this is the same one, but you never know... And then the one singing along with the Blackbird, that's a Chiffchaff.

Thanks a lot for the videos, Gavril!
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

18: 41. Again a small a guest (Phylloscopus trochilus). In the absence of MM, this bird actively uses the nest. She spends a lot of time cleaning feathers. Between this important activity is singing her song. She sings on stronger-than-sweet singer (Warbler?).
Polly

Post by Polly »

I click the Cameralink daily hopeful. :bow:

Has this camera been turned off or broken? Are there any prospects of being able to observe this nest again soon?

I did not want to push but I would like to ask now. :blush:

Sorry but I miss this daily enrichment. I think this nest is very interesting and beautiful!
Indian proverb
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Polly wrote: July 13th, 2018, 9:36 pm I click the Cameralink daily hopeful. :bow:

Has this camera been turned off or broken? Are there any prospects of being able to observe this nest again soon?

Sorry but I miss this daily enrichment. I think this nest is very interesting and beautiful!
Hi Polly,
the camera was not active for some time. I assume they closed the webcam, because this year no or almost no osprey visited this nest - unfortunately. I would like to know what happened to Mati. Last year he was not lucky enough to find a suitable female. Our Irma and Ivo are happier and more productive.
We will have to wait until next year, maybe there will be a Osprey couple to find Matis nest suitable for their babies.
Polly

Post by Polly »

Hello Jenny! :wave:

If it is because of the missing brood ... it would be a pity. Some of us like watching the nest for a variety of reasons. And we have been able to see some Ospreys that we would have liked to observe in their behavior and intentions.

I find not only the breeding and rearing interesting ... rather the happening ahead of time in a nest.

And as we have seen, there are joyous reunion with young returnees .... and maybe the future owners of the nest. :thumbs:

Very sad ... .

Thank you very much for your answer and I hope that the camera goes back online. :nod: :whistling:
Indian proverb
Gavril

Post by Gavril »

Polly wrote: July 13th, 2018, 9:36 pm I click the Cameralink daily hopeful. :bow:

:hi: I also look and every time I hope that the camera turned on. I am very interested to see the guests of this nest and just listen to the sounds of the forest. In addition, I do not lose hope to see my favorite friends osprey....The news from the Latvian nest Tija and Teo is very sad. :shock:
Bea

Post by Bea »

°°°°°°°°°

Hello everyone,

somehow I have the feeling that the cam was not stopped yet, but that there is some technical problem and still no one had time to go there and check what is wrong. It is probably not taken as an urgent task, as it is known that the nest is empty ....
But that´s only my own guess.

Maybe we´ll be lucky and the cam will come back for late summer and autumn .... who knows ...
Nature does nothing in vain (Aristoteles)
Urmas

Post by Urmas »

Visited the cam place and changed the batteries. Unfortunately, there seems no charge of batteries, so transmission would be until batteries got empty (maybe week or so). Will ask Omar to check or change the charging controller, if he will be in the same area around. But I will be away up to 5th of August.
yitmoth

Post by yitmoth »

Thanks, Urmas! I think there are a lot of us who like this nest for a lot of different reasons. So even one more week will be fine.

And as soon as I tuned in (10:44 cam time) there was MM on the nest! But then an unringed osprey arrived and she flew away. I can post pictures later (still at work now).

FYI It's only streaming at this address, not YouTube.

Return to “Osprey Webcam Forum”