Tracker Maps.
November 3, 2021.

PIKNE
No new data.

KARL II
No new data.

UDU
No new data.

Hmm - another disappointing day. Perhaps there will be many of these days with "No new data". When shall we change the format of these posts? Do you find it depressing to keep reading Nothing New? Ideas, anyone?
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

I was wondering about that too, Jo :hi:
Personally, I think there is no harm in briefly mentioning every evening that there are no new data, don’t you think so? That way everyone knows that OrniTrack has been checked (daily).

Although, for 4-5 months... x 30/31 days... Hmm… that would be very often the same message, of course... What shall we do? :puzzled:

Hello Heloise :wave:
Good to see you!
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
asteria

Post by asteria »

:hi: to all!

There may be two ways:

1. Place new messages not every day, but more seldom, say, every week or even every 10 days.
2. Place a new message only after appearing new data.
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

Thank you all for the beautiful experiences during the season, for all the professional information and I wish our storks beautiful days in the south. I will be really looking forward to the next spring and new beginnings !! Thank you Jo, Anne, Juta, Liz, Hellem, Sova , Heloise, but especially Pikne Karl, Udu and all friends from other nests ,even to those who are no longer with us. It was a pleasure!
:gathering:
Heloise

Post by Heloise »

Hello!

Anne, Bigfan, so nice to read you! :rolleyes:

Jo, Anne, I think it makes sense to do as Asteria wrote:
asteria wrote: November 4th, 2021, 11:01 am 2. Place a new message only after appearing new data.
Thank you, see you!
:wave:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Hello all!

Thank you for opinions. It´s my day to make tracker maps. I certainly keep eye on OrniTrack in the hope there is something. If not, I will let you know shortly after 19.00(my time)
Proud member of SHoW (StorkaHolics of the World)
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Unfortunately no new data!
Let's hope spring will come and we meet our storks again!
Treia

Post by Treia »

Just thinking... Is there something wrong with the connections to the deep south, because everyone except Katrin is now "missing". Let's see what happens when she flies farther, does she "disappear" too? Would there be something similar to the reason for Julge's disappearance? Could the eruption of the La Palma volcano somehow affect the connections?

Juta’s idea of briefly announcing whether there is news or not is, I think, quite good. The notification can be attached with a beautiful image of Egypt, some black stork, something else, or nothing.

Good night all!
Liz01

Post by Liz01 »

Good Morning Jo, Juta, Anne, bigfan, Heloise and all :hi:
I would like it if you had a short message every day that there is no new data. Then it is clear to everyone! Some may not use Birdmap. :unsure:
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

Liz01 wrote: November 5th, 2021, 7:48 am Good Morning Jo, Juta, Anne, bigfan, Heloise and all :hi:
I would like it if you had a short message every day that there is no new data. Then it is clear to everyone! Some may not use Birdmap. :unsure:
Yes, Liz, I would love to see if our little friends see from their secret ... there will definitely be many of us curious. Thanks
:hi:
juta
Site Admin

Post by juta »

Good evening!

No news...!
gvitols

Post by gvitols »

bigfan wrote: November 4th, 2021, 2:58 pm Thank you all for the beautiful experiences during the season, for all the professional information and I wish our storks beautiful days in the south. I will be really looking forward to the next spring and new beginnings !! Thank you Jo, Anne, Juta, Liz, Hellem, Sova , Heloise, but especially Pikne Karl, Udu and all friends from other nests ,even to those who are no longer with us. It was a pleasure!
:gathering:
my sentiments exactly. you said it well, bigfan. thank you all, and am looking forward to what spring will bring. :hi:
Gigi
Owlie

Post by Owlie »

:hi:

I think it is unnecessary to inform "no news" daily. When there is information and it is presented, it is enough for me.
The "no news" message must be a frustrating trouble for those who have to present it.
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Good evening! :wave:

Thank you all for your opinions and kind words. :thumbs:
I think Jo and Juta will make a decision soon.

In the meantime, I just keep on going. :D

It's only a very little effort to post the message:
Today, November 6th, we received no new data.
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

pirkkokn

Post by pirkkokn »

Hmm - another disappointing day. Perhaps there will be many of these days with "No new data". When shall we change the format of these posts? Do you find it depressing to keep reading Nothing New? Ideas, anyone?
[/quote]

I like to get the news every day, even if there is nothing new to tell. I have followed Finnish ospreys flight to south. Suddenly one of them did not move at all, but there was no news about it. I had to email the organization and got an answer: They think the osprey was shot :cry: in Hungary and they have asked local people to try to find him. No news of that yet.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. (Lao Tsu)
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

November 7th

Good evening, everyone :wave:

No new data today.
— Irene Pepperberg
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks, all, for your various opinions.
As we shall check Ornitrack every day then it is very little trouble to post - "No news" .
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

November 8, 2021.

No news today.
bigfan

Post by bigfan »

Jo UK wrote: November 8th, 2021, 6:56 pm November 8, 2021.

No news today.
Thank you Jo, Anne :hi:

Return to “Migration Maps and News”