Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam 2019

Tawny Owls and all the others
Summi

Re: Estonian Tawny Owl Webcam 2019

Post by Summi »

sova wrote: May 21st, 2019, 1:30 pm My special thanks go to Maggy
Also a big thank you to all who accompanied the owls till the end.
I agree with it. It has been terribly hard for everyone who watched and reported. I send you my love and hugs. It's very painful but the love for animals we share makes us stronger.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
Timea

Post by Timea »

Summi wrote: May 21st, 2019, 1:42 pm I agree with it. It has been terribly hard for everyone who watched and reported. I send you my love and hugs. It's very painful but the love for animals we share makes us stronger.
Agreed! And to Shanta, they both put a lot of time, love and energy in it. Thanks, girls! Try to keep up the positive spirits, "see" you around :loveshower:
asteria

Post by asteria »

The article is very strange, as if the authors hasn't watched the stream:

https://www.looduskalender.ee/n/node/3487
Biker

Post by Biker »

...should the cause of death of the owls be found out??? that sound really strange. :puzzled:
*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Bärbelbär

Post by Bärbelbär »

Biker wrote: May 21st, 2019, 6:11 pm ...should the cause of death of the owls be found out??? that sound really strange. :puzzled:

Now nobody needs to go anymore ....
We know how the poor owls died. :puzzled:
Der Mensch braucht die Natur, die Natur den Menschen nicht. Der Mensch ist Teil der Natur, er ist ihr nicht übergeordnet. Erst wenn er das begreift, hat er eine Überlebenschance.
© Richard Freiherr von Weizsäcker
Carla

Post by Carla »

what does it say????in English?
Timea

Post by Timea »

Carla wrote: May 21st, 2019, 6:38 pm what does it say????in English?
Hi Carla, when you have opened the link, just beneath the top you find translation buttons for various languages, good luck, you'll see it when you opened it. But as far as I can see now, they talk about Starlings, not about the Tawny Owl.
IceAge

Post by IceAge »

Timea, the three starlings have been catched from an European pine marten.
*Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.* Albert Einstein
asteria

Post by asteria »

The English version of the article is not published yet.
JulHa

Post by JulHa »

asteria wrote: May 21st, 2019, 6:03 pm The article is very strange, as if the authors hasn't watched the stream:

https://www.looduskalender.ee/n/node/3487
Translated by Google:
It is hoped that the only exit from this year's nest pack will remain viable.

A sad sight for observers, but this can be the nesting of our good wishes despite the life in nature.

We don't know where the last two cups died. It seems likely that some disease or parasites have devastated their organism. In any case, we promise to be informed when we get some clarity.

The camcorder stops transmission.
Carla

Post by Carla »

thanks....but...they were extremely hungry..thats all I think... :(
JulHa

Post by JulHa »

I guess when they are hungry, their immune system is down, so they are more susceptible for disease or parasites.

I hope and think the first one is alive and healty.
asteria

Post by asteria »

5 days of dry starving is enough to kill not only an owlet but even people. That must be the reason.
Bärbelbär

Post by Bärbelbär »

asteria wrote: May 21st, 2019, 8:13 pm 5 days of dry starving is enough to kill not only an owlet but even people. That must be the reason.
....That's the way it is ..... They had nothing to eat. That's what they died of
Der Mensch braucht die Natur, die Natur den Menschen nicht. Der Mensch ist Teil der Natur, er ist ihr nicht übergeordnet. Erst wenn er das begreift, hat er eine Überlebenschance.
© Richard Freiherr von Weizsäcker
Caro

Post by Caro »

Nature is hard and life and death belong together.
Nevertheless, it is heartbreaking to watch.
There will be hope again next year.

Thank you all Reportings and Videos and Pictures

google translated
Carla

Post by Carla »

maggy how are you?........
BTRNDL

Post by BTRNDL »

I haven't been able to check on the camera for the past view days and come back to the situation as it is.
Really sad about the situation as whole, it was pretty hard to read the last few pages and I couldn't hold back some tears...
I hope that the one that left will be fine.

Just wanted to say a big Thank You to whoever took the time to post updates, pictures and video.
Shanta

Post by Shanta »

In the meantime, many days have passed but I still cry for the happenings and can not handle many things yet
Maggy wrote: May 20th, 2019, 11:18 pm Thanks Laemmergeier.
from the same article:
"There was some hope that one of the adults would bring some food during the night to the chicks left in the nest and so it probably happened too. But to the sorrow of us all it happened too late for the smallest chick …"
Who wrote this??? This is a BS. There was NOT enough food for DAYS! Not enough food to be able to jump into the window. Big was trying to jump to the window yesterday but couldn't make it. And didn't even try after that, he just wanted to eat! And he was able to do that before. I was watching all the nights for food delivery, I know what was happening, it was all documented! :rant:
And what are they going to write after the same happens to Big??? Same BS? There is food in the box, but he is not able to eat it, too young for it, needs to be fed! Looks like nobody even cares to find out what is happening! Looks like we are the only people who know what is happening. They took a pic from the forum, but didn't even care to read when was the last food delivery! And we are mostly trying to document that along with other things!
I've been already crying for days watching foodless nights! It was not possible to watch it for a long time already!
asteria wrote: May 21st, 2019, 9:22 am It is my personal opinion, and maybe I think so alone, but I can't keep silence: a crime has just been committed: cruelty to animals, failure to provide assistance and leaving in danger. The hunters kill a bird immediately, and those who left the owlets to die from hunger are even worse, because the owls have suffered longer. :cry:
... all is right but to read this is on LK is so sad and not understandable for me as a cam watcher :puzzled: :cry:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/n/de/taxonomy/term/24
... disease, parasites ??? ... without food for many days of course also the immune system is weakened!

The sentence "it is nature" ... I do not really like it. what is nature? Without intervention of people in any environment ... but has already been done with this nesting box, or not?

As it allows my state of mind, I would like to try in the coming days to publish some things by video ... it is very hard :cry: ... but I also need the freedom for me to be able to watch other wildlife webcams and it does not work without having completed here before
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Hi Shanta!
I'm also still struggling with all of that and understand you very well.
xoxo

Return to “Estonian Owl Webcam Forum”