Re: Black Stork Nest in Karula 2019

Post by _Olga »

:unsure: ,
_Olga

Post by _Olga »

:faint: ,
Elena 64

Post by Elena 64 »

_Olga wrote: October 10th, 2019, 7:20 pm Thank God - Aru has been found !! :loveshower: Its wing is injured(( Aru is very weak now. But best vets are taking care of him/her. Hope he may soon recover ! :nod:
Unfortunately, the bird died. That's sad. But it's part of the wilderness.
Tatiana60

Post by Tatiana60 »

We lose Chicks, we lose birds-beautiful black storks, rare, listed in the Red book of many countries... it hurts, it hurts very much to see and hear it... no words... :shock: :faint:
asteria

Post by asteria »

Unfortunately, only 25% of first year storks survive their first year migration and only 20% live up to three years. But storklets from the nests where parents don't kill the chicks do have the higher chance.
Kidsmom

Post by Kidsmom »

I was watching the flight pattern daily hoping ARU would make his/her migration. Sadly found out it did not. All my focus is on ORU and his migration. Hopefully we will have a winner in this one. I am heart broken over ARU since it had so many problems and was a fighter. He is soaring high now with no transmitter or bad wing. Rip Aru you are missed.
pirkkokn

Post by pirkkokn »

It is sad that both Aru and Oru seem to have come to a sad end. Many of us have been following them from the eggs for so many months. Pirkko

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=945&start=7440
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. (Lao Tsu)
Biker

Post by Biker »

*Please don't feed the trolls!*
Dagmar

Post by Dagmar »

I have no more words, only tears....
asteria

Post by asteria »

Have to repost my message from "Migration maps topic" here:

It is not possible to prevent death of migrating birds, but is it possible to add small fish in the ponds and brooks where the storks are fishing, or just bring food in their nest? I am thinking of those three storklets from Eedi's nest died from hunger. I am not less sorry about them because they were "out of cam view" and we never seen them. Is it possible to take one egg away from Kati's nest, because she always gets rid of one chick? Is it possible to scare the hawk away(if you remember Dab nest, hawks appear there every season, the same will happen in Karula)? When the answers are "no", the situation will only change to worse.
Biker

Post by Biker »

asteria, i'm afraid it's like that. unfortunately the answers will stay in future like this as they are now: no, no, no..
And yes: the situation will only change to worse. (There)
But there are positive news:
return of BS into regions were they were almost gone.

...moment please i search the report...

edit: 2017
https://www.lwf.bayern.de/mam/cms04/bio ... storch.pdf

ups, only in german

...more BS than experts initially thought.
------
Quote: Nevertheless, there were still many observations that suggested that the number of breeding pairs should be higher.
- From 2009 to today, 54 young storks were ringed in the Franconian Forest, with some exciting refind messages. It was also Rohde with his expert eye, who confirmed the suspicion of the local black stalkers: There are many more black storks here than previously known.

-------
asteria

Post by asteria »

Also this article about deforestation in Estonia is very disturbing. :slap:
https://www.looduskalender.ee/n/index.php/node/3932
visit

Post by visit »

asteria wrote:to add small fish in the ponds and brooks where the storks are fishing, or just bring food in their nest
Like raising up some zoos ?
Instead of reducing the own demands and luxury and making the environment more natural and for the birds survivable again ?
asteria wrote:to take one egg away from Kati's nest, because she always gets rid of one chick
Interference because of not being able to cope with the confrontation with the results of the bad human influence (environmental pollution, overfelling and predatory exploitation of nature) ?
Instead of stopping the exploitation and pollution and becoming active in the environmental protection ?
asteria wrote:to scare the hawk away
Discrimination of some animal species you don't like ?
Instead of implementing environmental protection and rebuild the ecological balance ?

you have strange thoughts to see and solve the problems and I miss a basic comprehension for the nature and the natural laws, for the ecological balance and the necessary conditions for that.
that is a little like to put the cart before the horse.
Dagmar

Post by Dagmar »

Yes, Biker,
I live on the fringes of the Franconian Forest and often see black storks fly past near my house in the valley by the river
Biker

Post by Biker »

you lucky one! Thank you Dagmar for your answer. :wave:
in almost 60 years I only had the pleasure three times to see a BS in the wild.

btw your post saved me from making a big mistake.
asteria

Post by asteria »

The only time I saw a black stork 6 years ago. This year Oru flew there too. :cry:
visit wrote: October 21st, 2019, 11:48 pm Like raising up some zoos ?
Instead of reducing the own demands and luxury and making the environment more natural and for the birds survivable again ?

Interference because of not being able to cope with the confrontation with the results of the bad human influence (environmental pollution, overfelling and predatory exploitation of nature) ?
Instead of stopping the exploitation and pollution and becoming active in the environmental protection ?

Discrimination of some animal species you don't like ?
Instead of implementing environmental protection and rebuild the ecological balance ?

you have strange thoughts to see and solve the problems and I miss a basic comprehension for the nature and the natural laws, for the ecological balance and the necessary conditions for that.
that is a little like to put the cart before the horse.
Sure my thoughts are wrong. The rightest thing is to repeat the famous mantra "It'snaturenatureistough" again and again and do nothing!
Biker

Post by Biker »

asteria, yes as with me too - too fast over. and the first time I did not have a camera yet. But that was sensational even without a photo.
I can not find anything wrong about your thoughts. perhaps i would not act that way if i have the possibility, i don't know. But for me these are in a special way also understandable thoughts.
visit

Post by visit »

asteria wrote:The rightest thing is to repeat the famous mantra "It'snaturenatureistough" again and again and do nothing!
If you had read my posting more attentive, then you would have recognized that i had nothing written like your "again and again and do nothing!"
There are many possibilities to do something !
They are only much more unconvenient...
Biker

Post by Biker »

and she has not written that you wrote that.

I'm sorry, I'm deviate much from the topic.
asteria

Post by asteria »

Imagine today is not October, 22 but April, 22, six months earlier or later. Karl2, Kati and four eggs in the nest. You know what is going to happen. What would you do to change the situation to the best?

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”