Fund Raising For Transmitters - 2019

Cameras Watching over Black Storks nest
Jo UK
Site Admin

Fund Raising For Transmitters - 2019

Post by Jo UK »

The current fund-raising effort to buy transmitters for juvenile black storks
is now open at
https://www.leetchi.com/c/help-to-buy-t ... ack-storks.

We are using Leetchi again because it has been successful twice in the past We know them now, as they know us. The end date is 30. 01. 2020 That can be changed. The target sum is 3,000 euro. That will enable the purchase of three transmitters. Consideration is being given to the future use of leg-mounted transmitters.
Urmas has said that he is satisfied with the current manufacturer - Ornitela. It comes out best in the cost vs. benefit analysis.

We don't know what next year's breeding season holds but as ever, we can be hopeful for the success of the Karula National Park nest.
Right now, we are hoping for a successful fund-raising season!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Note to contributors

- You have had an accidental Thank you e-mail from Leetchi.

It is misleading in that it appears to show that we have raised the total of 3,000 euro, which is not yet true!

It is an automated text which I don't see until I receive my own Thank you!
Kawajet

Post by Kawajet »

Hallo, mein Name ist Heinz.....ich bekomme in ca. 3-4 Wochen durch eine Schenkung ein paar Tausend Euro.
Es ist mir ein Bedürfnis Urmas zu unterstützen mit 1000€ zum Kauf von Sender für Schwarzstörche.
Wie ist die Abwicklung, dass der Betrag auch ankommt. Es ist noch etwas Zeit, aber ich möchte das Vorab geklärt haben. Event.. würde ich sogar auf 2000€ aufstocken. Ich habe momentan nicht soviel Zeit zum Durchlesen von div. Beiträgen.
Eine gezielte Info wie ich das problemlos überweisen kann würde reichen.
Liebe Grüsse an die Schwarzstorchgemeinde
Heinz-Kawajet
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Thanks to Bea for translating Kawajet's post.

" Hello, my name is Heinz, in about 3-4 weeks I will get a donation of some thousand Euros. It is a want for me to support Urmas with 1000 Euro to purchase transmitters for Black Storks. How is the processing to bring the money safe to you. There is still a bit time, but I want to have this clarified in advance. Eventually I would even increase to 2000 Euro. Currently I have not so much time to read all the posts. A pointed information how to transfer the money would be enough.
Many regards to the Black Stork community
Heinz-Kawajet"

Welcome, Heinz-Kawajet. Your generous donation will be very welcome.

Donations are being collected at a fund-raising site, which we have used previously. The fund-raising will end on
March 31st, which allows Urmas to order the transmitters in plenty of time for this year's black stork young to appear on nests.

Please donate to
https://www.leetchi.com/c/help-to-buy-t ... ack-storks

If your donation happens after March 31st, please let me know (post here) and an alternative account can receive the funds.
Thank you so much for your generosity.
Kawajet

Post by Kawajet »

Hello Jo-UK, thank you for the quick reply and information.
I think I will definitely be able to transfer the donation of € 2000 by March 31st, 20.
When I have transferred the amount, I will send another info.
Greetings Heinz-Kawajet
Kawajet

Post by Kawajet »

Jo UK wrote: January 28th, 2020, 1:37 pm Thanks to Bea for translating Kawajet's post.

" Hello, my name is Heinz, in about 3-4 weeks I will get a donation of some thousand Euros. It is a want for me to support Urmas with 1000 Euro to purchase transmitters for Black Storks. How is the processing to bring the money safe to you. There is still a bit time, but I want to have this clarified in advance. Eventually I would even increase to 2000 Euro. Currently I have not so much time to read all the posts. A pointed information how to transfer the money would be enough.
Many regards to the Black Stork community
Heinz-Kawajet"

Welcome, Heinz-Kawajet. Your generous donation will be very welcome.

Donations are being collected at a fund-raising site, which we have used previously. The fund-raising will end on
March 31st, which allows Urmas to order the transmitters in plenty of time for this year's black stork young to appear on nests.

Please donate to
https://www.leetchi.com/c/help-to-buy-t ... ack-storks

If your donation happens after March 31st, please let me know (post here) and an alternative account can receive the funds.
Thank you so much for your generosity.
Hallo JoUK Ich könnte jetzt die 2000 € überweisen, allerdings habe ich nur eine Girokontokarte..war schon auf der Seite wo gespendet werden kann, aber das ist etwas verwirrend. Gibt es noch eine andere Möglichkeit wo ich den Betrag direkt auf ein Konto überweisen kann ?
Gruss Kawajet
Kawajet

Post by Kawajet »

ich würde auch noch für Urmas 500€ überweisen für Urmas und Familie als dank für seine grosse Arbeit.
Bitte um Info-
Gruss Kawajet
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Hello, Kawajet.

Thanks for your post.
Yes, I will send you details of the Kotkaklubi account so you will not have to use the Leetchi page.
E-mail coming.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Kawajet wrote: March 12th, 2020, 2:17 pm ich würde auch noch für Urmas 500€ überweisen für Urmas und Familie als dank für seine grosse Arbeit.
Bitte um Info-
Gruss Kawajet
I have informed Urmas of your wish.
He has your e-mail address.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

The Donations account of Kotkaklubi has received a donation of 2,000 euro from Kawajet.

Kawajet, the black storks, and all of us here want to send a huge "Thank you" to you.

Only eight days to go for our current fund-raising effort. If anyone has a spare euro or two, please consider giving it to our black storks, via the Leetchi page.

Thank you, all.
Michi

Post by Michi »

Jo UK wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:11 pm The Donations account of Kotkaklubi has received a donation of 2,000 euro from Kawajet.
Kawajet :wave: , your donation is very generous and friendly, - and exceedingly helpful for our beloved Black Storks!

Thank you so much! :2thumbsup:
Kawajet

Post by Kawajet »

Hello michi,
It was important to me to donate something for the preservation of the black storks.
Greeting
Kawajet
Anne7

Post by Anne7 »

Jo UK wrote: March 21st, 2020, 5:11 pm The Donations account of Kotkaklubi has received a donation of 2,000 euro from Kawajet.
Kawajet, the black storks, and all of us here want to send a huge "Thank you" to you.
Kawajet, many many thanks for your generosity ! :wave: :2thumbsup:
“Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know.”
— Irene Pepperberg
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Oh dear :nod:
I am embarrassed to say that I have ended the Leetchi money-pot by accident. I clicked on the wrong button!
I will ask Leetchi if they will open it again - but as it has only 5-6 days to run it may not be worth the effort.. If it remains closed and anyone wants to contribute to Kotkaklubi, the bank details are here.

viewtopic.php?p=483657#p483657
sova

Post by sova »

Kawajet.... Thank you very much ... it's very generous of you. :nod:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

The leetchi money pot is now closed and the withdrawal of funds process has been started.
The total amount raised on this money pot was 1,565 Euro.
The fees harged by Leetchi - 62.60 /
Funds available to Kotkaklubi - 1,502.40 euro.

When the transfer hs been completed and we have confirmation of receipt from Kotkaklubi it will be announced here.

Well done all contributors and very many thanks for your generosity.

In previous years it was possible to send individual e-mails to contributors, but the rules have changed. The e-mail addresses are no longer available to me There will be an automated message to all contributors sent from Leetchi.
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

Today, Leetchi sent e-mail to say that the funds will be transferred within 48 hours.
An automated "Thank you" has been sent to all contributors

I must applaud Leetchi. I thought that in the current situation with the pandemic there would be considerable delay.
Well done, Leetchi.

The amount to be transferred is -

Transfer amount: €1,502.40
Fees: €62.60
Making the total amount contributed €1,502.40

Final confirmation, when the funds are received by Kotkaklubi, will be posted here.

Thank you, one and all.
Another successful fund-raising. We can be proud of ourselves. :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
Jo UK
Site Admin

Post by Jo UK »

The funds from Leetchi have been received. Transferring to Kotkaklubi may take a little longer,. Banks are "out of bounds" for a personal visit and the whole world is doing its banking on the phone!
It will happen one day. When Kotkaklubi has received the funds it will be reported here.
Michi

Post by Michi »

Jo :wave: Many thanks for all your efforts!

Congratulations to the successful fund-raising! :thumbs: :D
pet@home

Post by pet@home »

Hallo,

I'm wondering that it takes so long time until Kotkaklubi will receive the funds raised from the money pot.

Furthermore, as it looks like we will not have a successful breeding this year I would like to know whether the money will be kept for the next season, which we are hoping to be more successful.

Anyway, I'm very thankful for all your work and efforts for the welfare and research of these wonderful and amazing birds!

Return to “Black Stork Camera Forum”